Old 04-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #1

Apology

I just want to give every FR owner an apology for my bad mouthing all of FR due to my dissatisfaction with my personal Coachmen Catalina. I am sure that most of you are very pleased with your rv. I was just having one of those days were nothing was going right and when I came in my wife asked if I wasn't tired of working on the tt all the time. Sorry!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Not to worry, everyone has bad days. We just have to hope there are not too many and too close together.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #3

I have been in forums for years and have seen someone make a post like this possibly twice.

Was big of you to make an apology like this and my hats off to you for it.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #4

Really what this says is even campers have bad days but they always admit a bad day camping is better than a good day at work. Sorry to hear your having trouble with your
Coachmen Catalina know how it is to have bad Dealer, seems they only want to see you when you spend money. Found that it was like buying a house learn how to do most repairs or get a big wallet, well don't have the big wallet so I'm a jack of all trades. Lots of how to books on my Kindle and they can at least get me in the right direction.

Plus the guys here are great at giving advice. Think there are ways of getting the Rep for that division notice so they can help you out
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
PPST OGCDG

2x posts 2,3 & 4
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #6

Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you for all the words of understanding. Sorry I took so long to reply, haven't been on the site in awhile.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #7

apology

Had several issues with my Coachmen Catalina. Had it into the dealer four times In the last 5 months. Each visit seems to take three or four weeks to complete repairs. It is in there now and has been for two and a half weeks.

It does get frustrating, but quality these days seems to be less than in the past. Guess it's that "new normal".

Good luck and enjoy the Catalina once you get to use it and stay cool.

Jim
Old 05-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #8

You shouldn't apologize for being frustrated with FR's shoddy manufacturing. In my brand new trailer I had to rewire all the speakers, replace both p-traps in both sinks, fix a water leak at the water pump, clean out all the construction debris from some cabinets, and a whole host of other things that should have been done at the factory during a quality check.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitNine View Post
You shouldn't apologize for being frustrated with FR's shoddy manufacturing. In my brand new trailer I had to rewire all the speakers, replace both p-traps in both sinks, fix a water leak at the water pump, clean out all the construction debris from some cabinets, and a whole host of other things that should have been done at the factory during a quality check.
Should have been caught at the factory I agree, but your dealer should have definitely caught them if a good pdi had been accomplished.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #10

A $60,000 trailer will fall apart in your driveway just as fast as a $20000 one will! Helps if you can fix them yourself.

Years camping....52
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote