Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonClark View Post
why is it a $40,000 camper has so many problems but my $45000 truck is perfectly fine.
kids think tt stands for tan turd.

Things that make ya go Hmm........................

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #22

Yup picked the camper back up brought it home and had to remove the fireplace, why, because at the factory they wired the fireplace and microwave to the same circuit. So the dealer unplugged the fire and said we will fix that the right way this offseason. Oh and they messed up a wall trying to chase the wire problem but "you can live with that for now right". Oh well, gotta keep looking forward to the fun this summer right.

JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #23

It amazes me that they find it cheaper to pay someone to fix all their issues, than just pay to do it right during the manufacturing process.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #24

Yes and I've been keeping a log of everything and pretty much anything the dealer and service dept says to me for future purchase leverage. Like the service guy saying they pay $8 an hr and just want to pump them out or today was this is what happens when manufacturers have day labor from in front of Home Depot.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #25

Well got home and re set the camper up when I noticed a cup in the microwave. Opened it up and the cup was full of water, not a drop spilled on the 30 mile ride. I knew these trips back and forth would pay off.lol

Old 05-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonClark View Post
Yup picked the camper back up brought it home and had to remove the fireplace, why, because at the factory they wired the fireplace and microwave to the same circuit. So the dealer unplugged the fire and said we will fix that the right way this offseason. Oh and they messed up a wall trying to chase the wire problem but "you can live with that for now right". Oh well, gotta keep looking forward to the fun this summer right.

Our old Laredo was set up the same way .... It had a kill switch mounted next to fireplace that was tied to microwave - so you could not use micro at same time...prob because it was only 30amp setup - our new Crusader has 50 amp and we can run both at same time now
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer