Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #1

Bathroom wall covering separating from wall

Where the sink counter joins the wall and has been called the covering that is Stromberg Carlson CL-100 48" Long Aluminum Bumper Mount Versatile Clothes Line to the wall is being pulled away from the base layer. Has anyone had this happen?
NickHeaps819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #2

I am sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. At one point it is the sink and counter then the bumper cloths line. Confused.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Wayne39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhsharonnick View Post
Where the sink counter joins the wall and has been called the covering that is Stromberg Carlson CL-100 48" Long Aluminum Bumper Mount Versatile Clothes Line to the wall is being pulled away from the base layer. Has anyone had this happen?
X
Yes on my 2085 cosmos star cruiser. Had to take it back to my dealer several times. My dealer is 6.5 light years away.
2018 Ram 3500 4x4 CC Cummins Powered
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #4

I fixed mine with a left handed squeegee sharpener. :-))
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #5

Looks like something added itself to my post as I posted it. The covering on the wall is coming away from the wall itself where the caulk has been put to stop the wall from getting wet. It appears that as the caulk is shrinking its pulling the covering off the wall with it.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #6

Can you post a photo? You know a picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm thinking maybe use a hyperdermic needle and fill it with some wall paper paste. Stick the needle through the wall covering and smooth out the paste.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
Camper

While I have nothing to add to this thread I just wanted to thank all for the 5 minutes of laughing out loud.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #8

I just thought everyone else knew and impressed with all the details.

I'm thinking this is silicone caulk. I hate the stuff. It has crazy adhesion where you don't want it and can't stick to anything where you want it to stick. Over the years, I've found the most usable and easy maintained caulk is the cheapest or standard exterior grade. My first guess on how to repair. Try to remove caulk first. If that is difficult and causing damage just razor the film above the caulk to allow the film to be pushed back to wall. Put another layer (larger) caulk bead over the top. Don't use silicone. This should stabilise the situation and make things look better.
trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #9

If we are on the same page, what you are saying is that the wallpaper type material is being pilled away from the paneling. If that is the case, we got rid of the stuff we had in the kitchen area and replaced it with self adhesive tile panels. We used a heat gun to loosen the glue before pealing off the paper. Here is the before and after. The first picture was taken primarily for the sink and faucet mod, but you can see the tacky looking "glass tile" wallpaper in the background. The wallpaper even came with bubbles to give it depth! The second picture is of the peel and stick aluminum tile sheets we found on Amazon. These come in various styles. The adhesive backs really grip the walls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB013473.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	148628   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4210478.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	148629  
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #10

It is probably not the caulk shrinking,,, but the cabinet pulling away from the wall ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #11

Here are the pictures of what is happening. I checked the stability of the cabinet and low and behold it does move back and forth. I will have to see what I can do to secure it better and see if that will help. I like the stick tiles. We have them here as well so might be a good idea to stop the water infiltration. I will update when I've had a look.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	148694Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	148695
Old 08-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhsharonnick View Post
Here are the pictures of what is happening. I checked the stability of the cabinet and low and behold it does move back and forth. I will have to see what I can do to secure it better and see if that will help. I like the stick tiles. We have them here as well so might be a good idea to stop the water infiltration. I will update when I've had a look.Attachment 148694Attachment 148695
If you decide to try and secure the cabinet to the wall be Very Careful,,,
Hard telling what might be back there,,, maybe you should check into some type of molding you could glue there ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, cover, roo