Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #1

Bike carrying topic

So many feedbacks on the subject of the bike carrying topic, I thought I'd throw out to the forum to get some responses on the thought of maybe transporting our (2 / 26") mountain bikes in front of the stove,kitchen sink area / slide in u shaped dinnet. Me & my wife have done a visual inspection of possibility transporting them in the up right position with the slide in, and finding that it would work! With that stated now on to the decision to develop a relatively small lightweight design. Just wondering if anybody else has tried this or already been doing this?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
Always Learning

A few people have put bike mounts on the underside of the dinette plywood and use them for bikes in transit:

Name:   IMG_8607.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  66.1 KB

For a long time, I went for the big bike pile- using waterproof sheets to protect my bikes and dinette cushions.

Name:   IMG_8608.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  11.5 KB

More options here (even though its specific to fifth wheels, travel trailers can use some of the same ideas):
http://learntorv.com/bikes-and-fifth-wheels/

Tags
bike