Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #1

Bike Rack Update - 246RKS

Well, last week while attending the FROG Rally, I had the opportunity to visit the Coachmen Freedom Express factory. I had a personal tour with Norb, a FE Salesperson. He took me through the entire factory and explained the whole process of building the Freedom Express TT. While on the tour I asked him about putting a bike rack on the back bumper and here is basically what he said. They put a sticker on the bumpers that says you should attach anything to them. However, he said a bike rack would be fine as long as the weight was kept under about 160lbs. He said they discourage people with the sticker so people don't add a hitch and then try to pull another vehicle or a boat. He said a couple bikes would be fine. So, I'm off to buy a bike rack, I think I get one of those that the wheels of the bike sit into and then attach to an upright to avoid it from hitting the back of the TT.
stevegotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegotl View Post
Well, last week while attending the FROG Rally, I had the opportunity to visit the Coachmen Freedom Express factory. I had a personal tour with Norb, a FE Salesperson. He took me through the entire factory and explained the whole process of building the Freedom Express TT. While on the tour I asked him about putting a bike rack on the back bumper and here is basically what he said. They put a sticker on the bumpers that says you should attach anything to them. However, he said a bike rack would be fine as long as the weight was kept under about 160lbs. He said they discourage people with the sticker so people don't add a hitch and then try to pull another vehicle or a boat. He said a couple bikes would be fine. So, I'm off to buy a bike rack, I think I get one of those that the wheels of the bike sit into and then attach to an upright to avoid it from hitting the back of the TT.
Good luck.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, bike rack