Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #1

Brand New Coachmen Catalina 212BH HELP

I just bought a brand new Coachman Catalina 212BH. I took it out and found a hole in the wall where the bench is mounted to the wall. Not a small hole but about a 3in hole. It was hidden by the bench cushion. The table does not fit between the benches and so the bed is not flat. It's off by at least a 1/4 in. I went to run the microwave and it sounds like it's going to blow up with a grinding noise. I took it back and the dealer said this is all under warranty and these issues are normal. They are waiting for parts and so I brought it back home, hooked it all up and saw the LED light on the fuse panel. The 15amp fuse for the radio was blown. I tried to replace it with new fuses and they blow immediately.

Is all this normal or did I get ripped off?

Thanks for your help.

G
gkasparek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkasparek View Post
I just bought a brand new Coachman Catalina 212BH. I took it out and found a hole in the wall where the bench is mounted to the wall. Not a small hole but about a 3in hole. It was hidden by the bench cushion. The table does not fit between the benches and so the bed is not flat. It's off by at least a 1/4 in. I went to run the microwave and it sounds like it's going to blow up with a grinding noise. I took it back and the dealer said this is all under warranty and these issues are normal. They are waiting for parts and so I brought it back home, hooked it all up and saw the LED light on the fuse panel. The 15amp fuse for the radio was blown. I tried to replace it with new fuses and they blow immediately.

Is all this normal or did I get ripped off?

Thanks for your help.

G
Unfortunately, this happens. Most definitely be very clear with the dealer up front of your expectations. Be calm, but clear. If they are a Good dealer, they'll get it all handled. Microwave I easily replaced, and the radio is probably a simple wiring issue. The hole is unacceptable, but sounds like they are on it.
Good luck
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #3

It is unfortunate but not unusual. Sounds like the dealer has got it covered and while it is a bit of a hassle in delays it should work out. Use the time to check out every system and then make a list of needed repairs. I've had good luck talking nice but being firm in expectations. Good luck!
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #4

Congrats on your 212BH! We have the same trailer and so far so good!

As others have said, a good dealer will look after you.

Only had a minor issue - the 212BH only comes with a CD player - not DVD - so I asked them to swap it - they did, but with a Car stereo DVD player.
There was no remote and the DVD would play as it said "parking on".
It expected to have a parking brake circuit.
So they messed that up.
Long story short, I said I wasn't happy with it, so I removed it and they gave me $250 back.
I ordered a Jensen AWM 975 which I will install myself.

Tags
cat, catalina, coachmen