Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 AM   #1

Brookstone

We are looking at the 395 for the back kitchen, mid bunk room. But any feedback on any Brookstone or Coachmen model would be great. Hoping that someone who has owned one can help out. Thanks and happy camping. P.S. seasonal site, won't be towing.

susanb06239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 AM   #2

Have a 2010 345sa model, very happy with unit. Only issue was bad power converter about 1 year ago.

brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #3

Have a 2014 340LS, happy with it as well. Only issue is had to replace the motors in the electric awnings, Dometic recall.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #4

Happy with our Brookstone 334RE except for a few problems and finding out that dealers who didn't sell you the unit don't want to fix warranty problems.
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanb06239 View Post
We are looking at the 395 for the back kitchen, mid bunk room. But any feedback on any Brookstone or Coachmen model would be great. Hoping that someone who has owned one can help out. Thanks and happy camping. P.S. seasonal site, won't be towing.
Susan, did you proceed with the 395? If so, could you share any additional insight?
Mammalian04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #6

2016 Brookstone 395rl

Quote:
Susan I purchased a 2016 Brookstone with the middle bunk, my wife loves the big kitchen and living room with a big residential frig, and of coerce my 12 year old loves her Own space., if you buy one don't make the same mistake, stay clear from Rick cox owner of Sullivan auto group in Sullivan Indiana, they have no clue what there doing.
John5506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #7

2016 Brookstone 395rl

Quote:
Susan I purchased a 2016 Brookstone with the middle bunk, my wife loves the big kitchen and living room with a big residential frig, and of coerce my 12 year old loves her Own space., if you buy one don't make the same mistake, stay clear from Rick cox owner of Sullivan auto group in Sullivan Indiana, they have no clue what there doing.
John5506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

John5506,
How are you liking the 395rl so far? Any major issues with unit? How is the Coachmen quality? I am looking forward to hearing your input on this. Thanks!

Chris
mot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #9

Yes I did! I did have some issues early on which were posted here. Look them up if you can. I will log on tomorrow to give you my some details on the unit in general. I will say I love the floorplan and have no regrets!
Old 06-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #10

I love the size and layout. We are seasonal and couldn't tow it if we wanted too. CONS: dining table chairs are uncomfortable. One pair too high so your legs might scrape when you slide in, the other pair have a freakishly wide, scissor base and the sides dig in a little. The pantry door always gets scraped when the drawers are opened. An outlet over the covered stove top would've been nice for the coffee maker or toaster. Top bunk in mid bunk is a little narrow and the mattress thin, working on changing that. I would prefer a jackknife sofa over the fold out sleeper in that room. The loft needs a handle or rope for kids to hang on to as they transition from bed to top step. My 5 yo flew right down as his hands had no grip on the flat mattress. Loft also has a air vent overhead which is great for air but too bright in the mornings-working on that too. Bathroom has a slide door with no courtesy lock-addressing that. Seems outdoor speakers are attached to DVD player instead of JVC radio/disc player. Bed in master a little uncomfortable. Added clean wood blocks in underbed storage which helped. Tough to make the bed!! The AC unit is very loud. Especially when he is on auto setting and goes on and off during the night. No complaints outdoors. We put the TV in left storage and small fridge and needed stuff in right This was because grill and work table are far right end of awning.
PROS: Roomy. Tons of storage. Pantry is great. Island makes all the difference. Love the ice machine. Bathroom is roomy. Mid bunk is perfect for separating kids/adults. Bright when all the lights are on. Nice heavy pull down privacy screens and shades on all windows. Tanks easy to use. Vacuum very strong. Very residential feeling!
Quality: We had some issues. The kitchen drain pipe was never connected so our underbelly filled with water. Auto leveling was an issue, but now that fixed it doesn't shake a bit. Frig stopped working and had a recall. The sink faucet was not in a 'fixed' position so that when I turned the faucet the base would spin too. These issues were all resolved by a mobile repair that my dealer 600 miles away arranged. Great experience.
So I am very happy with it as it is now. Glad too that I found this forum for questions and answers! Good luck and let me know how it goes. Write anytime with a question.
Sue
Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #11

I have 2015 325RL. We absolutely love it. No issues so far after 2 trips.
Rjolleymgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #12

hi we have a 2010 345sa also .have had a lot of troubles we are the 2nd owners called brookstone they will not do nothing about the things. (1). roof leak on both sides above door and window in kitchen took off all caulkin to see what was wrong. screws were under caulking side ways under the rails that hold down roof. took 2 screws out and redone the caulking .no more leaks .( 2) back tank was leaking on top of tank wife and i could smell bad water. took under belly off and lot of water came out of under belly cover took tank out and fitting that went into top was brook off . the tank was secured fronto back but no side to side .another QA thru brookstone .and they said OWELL. joe from service in brookstone he knows me by my first name i have picture of tank and screws and the what it did to the inside of our 5th . pls be careful of what u buy i think there QA at brookstone and there people in-charge needs gone over if anyone would like to see pics pls write me the problems we have is QA problems thru brookstone that is owned by forest river QA= quality assurance brookstones no is 1800-453-6064 ask for joe in service he says we are the 2nd owner and the things are not cover i could see him sayin that if it was old but we started haven problems when it was ONLY 3 yrs old not 30 yrs old. and not a QA problem not neglect we know what the difference
scott kohlenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott kohlenberg View Post
hi we have a 2010 345sa also .have had a lot of troubles we are the 2nd owners called brookstone they will not do nothing about the things. (1). roof leak on both sides above door and window in kitchen took off all caulkin to see what was wrong. screws were under caulking side ways under the rails that hold down roof. took 2 screws out and redone the caulking .no more leaks .( 2) back tank was leaking on top of tank wife and i could smell bad water. took under belly off and lot of water came out of under belly cover took tank out and fitting that went into top was brook off . the tank was secured fronto back but no side to side .another QA thru brookstone .and they said OWELL. joe from service in brookstone he knows me by my first name i have picture of tank and screws and the what it did to the inside of our 5th . pls be careful of what u buy i think there QA at brookstone and there people in-charge needs gone over if anyone would like to see pics pls write me the problems we have is QA problems thru brookstone that is owned by forest river QA= quality assurance brookstones no is 1800-453-6064 ask for joe in service he says we are the 2nd owner and the things are not cover i could see him sayin that if it was old but we started haven problems when it was ONLY 3 yrs old not 30 yrs old. and not a QA problem not neglect we know what the difference
Are you able to come to the FROG event in Goshen IN that happens in August. It might surprise you what happens. Join Forest River Owners Group and look at the forum
Old 09-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannie View Post
Are you able to come to the FROG event in Goshen IN that happens in August. It might surprise you what happens. Join Forest River Owners Group and look at the forum
we were just in london ohio first wk of aug did not know about out there joe said he didnt care if we wrote on rv forum .just to make sure we told everone we are the 2nd owner ,We did but like i said these problems are not do to us not making rite repairs or maintence . this is do to QA in factory were it was made, by forest river
Old 09-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott kohlenberg View Post

I know you're upset, but a 3 year old trailer is out of warranty even if you were the first owner, and you knew (or should have known) the warranty didn't apply to you as the second owner when you bought it. I'm not sure how or why you expect FR to cover anything. You have no warranty with them.
2013 RAM 2500 CTD
2018 Prime Time Crusader 319RKT
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #16

Coachman is a division of Forest River which is different than made by Forest River. I know that it is spliting hairs but Coachman is still their own division. Sorry that you are not happy with your unit but buying something used sometimes you purchase anothers problem. Doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #17
Site Team

you'd probably have the same response from Ford, GM and Chrysler, regarding manufacturing issues with a 6 year-old vehicle and you being the 2nd owner.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:55 AM   #18

THIS IS NOT A (WARRANTY) THIS IS QA pls we are not lookin for something for nothing this is what the workimen ship is in factory not looking for something for nothing .pls dont say that , WE KNOW IT USED.we bought a 5 yr extended warranty so we are not looking for something for nothin . WE KNOW IT NOT UNDER WARRANTY >WE ARE JUST SAYING ABOUT THERE WORKMEN SHIP . WORKMEN SHIP SHOULD BE COVERD.this is only a 3 yr old when it started not 30 yr old if they left screws under strips and not fasend tank in place >WHAT ELSE WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO???????????????
Old 09-06-2015, 04:57 AM   #19

and we did have a responce from joe .(NOT COVERED) yous are 2nd owner
Old 09-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #20

we never said we were unhappy with unit just workmenship .sorry sounds like alot of people not worried about workmen ship and long time using it .sorry we wrote on here .just becareful of what yous buy .this is not a low end unit this is to b a high end unit . thats what we thought we bought . im so sorry we were caught up with the bells and whistles and not on the guilty.

Tags
roo