Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #21

Congratulations! Enjoy it.

We have a 192RBS hope you like yours as much as we like ours
DennisB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #22

Congratulations enjoy I been at it for20 yrs on my own then with my parents for 40
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #23

Welcome!
Nice looking setup you have there!

I found my first experience on the highway with our unit to be pretty sketchy too, I just slowed down a bit. Everything felt much more comfortable.
Going to check out your hitch is a fantastic idea, I see so many people on the roads with improperly adjusted WDH.
HVACGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #24
SARGE

first tt

Great looking rig. It looks as though it's leveled and hooked up great.

Three thing to all way's remember are the tire pressures on truck and camper. Very important! Also load levelers and sway control, also brake settings. If all these thing are correct you will forget about it being behind you. I always run the speed limit with no problems
allenthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #25

Good looking rig. Welcome and I think you will enjoy it.

What WDH do you have and who set it up? I redid mine after the dealer really messed it up.

Weighing is the best way to know if you are setup right. Your trailer will never be lighter than when you bring it home so before you weigh load it up how you want it and camp in the driveway.

Download the CAT scale app
Watch the how to weigh video
https://youtu.be/wfelG30b8hs
Load up truck and trailer family too

Be polite with trucks they are working so don't scale hog.

First time will take 3-4 passes.
1. Truck only
2. Truck & trailer no wdh
3. Truck & trailer with WDH
Make any adjustments if needed
4. See how changes worked out.

You could skip 2 but if you don't know your tongue weight you will want it. $10 for first weigh $2 for reweigh.

Learn how to tune your wdh.

There are a few folks really good at helping tune your setup. Don't take anything personal as everyone means well. I learned a lot.

Take changes one at a time to see what works so you don't go broke trying to fix what ain't.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
2014 SunSeeker 2300

I’d like to suggest something that worked really well for me. We have a local grain elevator that has truck scales with a lighted display that makes it easy to weigh. I asked permission to use it and what would be a convenient time to use it when they aren’t. I had three hours to play around with axle weights and corner weights and make adjustments.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic157 View Post
Can you help outline exactly what part of the truck / trailer should I weigh? How many passes will I have to make? Do you pay per measurement or do they let you take multiple? Etc.
Check out the forum on Towing, Tow Vehicles, Hitches & Toads.

Lets assume you go to CAT scales. The first weigh is the full rig. Front axle on the first scale, rear axle on the middle scale and the trailer axle(s) on the rear scale. Do this with the WDH hooked up. Pull off the scales, disconnect the WDH and repeat the first weigh positioning. Pull off the scales, unhitch and weigh just the TV on the first two scales.

If you ask on the above forum, someone will send you a spreadsheet (or a link to one) that you can fill in with data from various labels and the scale data above. It will provide tons of info about your setup.

You will pay for each pass on the scales but the second and third passes are discounted.

Please be courteous to the professional drivers, if any are there, as time is money to them.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote