Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #1

Buying new rig

I'm purchasing a 2017 Coachman Chaparrel lite 30rls anything you need to tell me about his coach? Please be nice Ived rvs all my life and I just retired. So this will be the first rv I've ever had the privilege to own. And. Believe me it IS a privilege to be able to rv in this country. Anyway glad to be here hope to hear from all of you
Danfrsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:59 AM   #2

Good luck to you... I don't have experience that model but be sure you really look it over good when you pick it up... you will find problems with any new unit!

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #3

Hey thanks I will and Im sure the dealer will be fixing smething before I leave the dealership but we are excited about the purchase and hopefully we will see you on the road some day
Old 10-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #4

Congratulations on your new unit. I have a new 5er on order and are hoping for an uneventful pick-up. Enjoy
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #5

30rls

WE purchased the same year and model over a month ago , What sold me I was able to fit the fifth wheel under my existing carport and price was right with trade in. Dealer had a campground on site to check the unit over night when I purchased it. After that Only had a chance to go camping for 4 day weekend so far. Enjoyed it. For me it pulled very easy, I drive a F250. plenty of room for wife and I, will go for a week soon.
Happy with the storage. traded in a travel trailer. The fifth wheel pulls alot better, no sway ,First 5vr for me.
I like the fold up rack in the back, Look it over good on the walk thru.
check paperwork to make sure everything is in the package. Any problems, Coachmen will stand behind it. you have a year,
It may take a few trips to notice any minor issues if you have any.
Can't tell you much more, still need use it more myself.
Enjoy!
wiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #6

Coachman chapparel 30rls

Hey thanks for the info I ll be sure to stay in touch so we can compare notes
Old 10-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #7

New fifth wheel

Dan did you purchase your new Fifth wheel yet?
Old 10-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #8

Yes put a down on a coachman chaparrel 30RLS their building it now and will come off line nov11 and I should be able to take delivary on th 20th
Old 10-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #9

Congrats on your new rig. Enjoy!
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:51 AM   #10

New 30rls

Great to hear your 5vr it's coming soon. it will be nice to get away , I plan to retire in June then hope to get more use out of mine, So far so good, everything seems to work OK. One thing I did, was install a coax connection box outside close to the AC outlet, TV mount bracket is there but had no coax connection. I installed it in the lower skirt panel close to the storage door and ran the coax behind the service panel inside. Found an existing coax line that ran up to the living room ( provision for satellite ). Instsalled a short jumper to the booster in living room. Cranked up the antenna ,Works great, clean install.
Furrion FTVINB-BS Black Square RV TV Inlet Miniature I purchased it on Amazon.
We anyway good luck on your new unit Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #11

Hey thats smart I think I ll do the same and I was forced to retire in April due to the company moving to Texas but Im enjoying it beware of all the honey-dos you will find to keep you busy��And I cant wait to start using the rig
Old 12-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #12

Dan
Did you get your fifth wheel? Have a chance to use it yet? Happy with it?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #13

Hey Im pking up the rig saturday just had my fifth wheel installed the trlr was late arriving at dealer but all is goog! News at 11
Old 12-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #14

I ll try to post some pics this weekend
Old 12-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #15

As a newbie to RV'ing, I definitely don't have a lot of sage advice & wisdom. I can, however, tell you what I wish I would've done, when we picked ours up from the dealer. Make sure that your 'walk-thru' is as thorough as possible. Open/Close, Lock/Unlock all compartments. I realize that when you are there...to pick it up, the last thing you want to do is leave without it. I found myself....telling myself....oh that's not a big deal, etc....

Our first, and only so far, night out the autolevel didnt work properly, water leak from ice maker tubing (no biggie, I tightened the fitting). We took it back to the dealer, 5 days later it was ready (fast service, I was happy). We went through the autolevel with the tech, and it worked. I pulled it to the storage place to drop off. Autolevel doesn't work again ....and now is when I find out that the lock on the front compartment doesn't work. Opening is too big and the latch on the lock has nothing to "catch".

None of these things are "deal breakers" for the Coachmen brand, for us (we have a 2017 Brookstone 395RL), but they are little things that I wish I would have thought to check before pulling away from the dealer. I realize, and understand, that all/most brands will have some issues. I'm just hoping to get all of the little bugs discovered/worked out before something prevents us from using it at all.

Congrats & Good Luck on your new RV. I hope you enjoy.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #16

Hey thanks for the info I surely will do a complete inspection. My next door neighbor bought a new toyhauler from the same dealer and he got home packed up and went on atrip only to find out the generator would only run for 5 minutes. So yes I will try to due as thorough a walk thru as possible. I ll post something on Sunday if I remember and let all kno wat happened. Keep ur fingers crossed
Old 12-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #17

New Pickup

That's great your picking your FW Saturday, Good luck on your Purchase.
let me know how it goes. Since we have the same year and model, We can exchange any ideas, questions or issues if any come up. Sometimes it takes a few camping trips to find things we miss on the first walk thru.
Good luck. Enjoy
Old 12-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrected1 View Post
Our first, and only so far, night out the autolevel didnt work properly, water leak from ice maker tubing (no biggie, I tightened the fitting). We took it back to the dealer, 5 days later it was ready (fast service, I was happy). We went through the autolevel with the tech, and it worked. I pulled it to the storage place to drop off. Autolevel doesn't work again ....and now is when I find out that the lock on the front compartment doesn't work. Opening is too big and the latch on the lock has nothing to "catch
If you are talking about Ground Control 3.0 do not hesitate to call LCI for auto-level problems/questions. The help desk is fantastic!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #19

On our 3.0,I about pulled my hair out and know I said my Sunday school lesson backward,trying to get the thing to work.It was operator error all along.
I did get the tech from Lippert on the phone and BINGO,the light came on.No problems with it since.
Have fun and enjoy the new Chappy.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
If you are talking about Ground Control 3.0 do not hesitate to call LCI for auto-level problems/questions. The help desk is fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
On our 3.0,I about pulled my hair out and know I said my Sunday school lesson backward,trying to get the thing to work.It was operator error all along.
I did get the tech from Lippert on the phone and BINGO,the light came on.No problems with it since.
Have fun and enjoy the new Chappy.
Yes, it is the Ground Control 3.0. Thank you both. I will, definitely, give that a try. I have not ruled out operator error. In fact, I think that is the most probable cause for my issues.