Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #1

Cabinets get hot

The inside of my cabinets next to the stove get really hot to the touch when my stove is on. First time using it. I opened a cabinet next to the stove and placed my hand on the inside contacting the side of the oven and it was too hot to keep my hand there. Is this normal or should it be insulated more?
Jandj1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

Are you referring to using the top burners or the oven? Have you tried running the stove vent?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, it's the oven. Wood inside bottom cabinets next to oven got very hot to the touch this weekend. Our first time camping in an RV and made baked taters in the oven. Freedom Express 291qbs. Loved it! Just worried abt. the heat where oven meets the cabinet on the front and inside cabinet.
Jandj1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
daydreaming about camping

These ovens are not particularly well insulated, so I would expect quite a bit of heat transfer. The issue is if it is getting hot enough to do any actual damage. I would speak with the dealer about it, suggest you try it out in the lot and he may have a heat gun he can put on it to see just how hot it is getting.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #5

Thanks, I'm taking it up to the dealer tomm. to work out a few kinks we discovered last weekend, which was our 1st time in it. We are going again this weekend for another "shake down" cruise close to home. (Thats what we called it when I was on a ship in the navy). Also having a Birthday party at the camper. AC unit on top drained off gutter downspout at the corner on day 1, day 2 it drained off the slide out and the gutter both. My guess is that the gutter is leaking over the slide out and the AC run-off is running through or under gutter onto the slide out. Going to have that addressed also. Have abt. 12 things to get fixed but nothing major.