Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

Unhappy Careless Mistake :'(

Ever wonder what would happen if an exhausted, dyslexic,single parent of 3(two of which are under 5)brain cancer survivor hooked up their water line without triple checking to make sure she actually hooked into the water line and not the flush line, then goes next door for supper? Yep. That is exactly what I did today...we came home to the main bathroom sink pumping poop water all over the bathroom floor :'( Lucky for us, my grandma lives next door so we're "camping out" in her guest room tonight and running the AC on full blast in hopes it'll dry out some. Going to grab a few gallons of bleach in the morning......I'm not a big drinker but I could probably go for a stiff one(or 3) right now
Jlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

That SUCKS! got nothing else.. Other than I did a similar with letting the flush run to long with the tank closed. Until it blew out the roof...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 PM   #3

OH MY!

Sunday, we lost a huge upright freezer.......full of meat, fish, veggies, berries......the stink was (is) unbelievable, and getting it outside almost ruined the floor.

You have a 'story' now! Look at it that way.

Remember Life's Total Rules. There are only two rules.

1) Do NOT sweat the small stuff.

2) It's ALL small stuff.

Hang in there.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
OH MY!

Sunday, we lost a huge upright freezer.......full of meat, fish, veggies, berries......the stink was (is) unbelievable, and getting it outside almost ruined the floor.

You have a 'story' now! Look at it that way.

Remember Life's Total Rules. There are only two rules.

1) Do NOT sweat the small stuff.

2) It's ALL small stuff.

Hang in there.
Hahaha those are great rules! Sorry about your freezer! We evacuated for hurricane Floyd back in...1999(?) We returned after the power had been out for several days. Our very large upright freezer, that was PACKED with fish, shrimp, crab, and venison was toast. It was so horrible that my granddad got his backhoe out, dug a hole and dropped it in lol.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #5

I love my venison. I lost a lot of that. But I lost a TON of crappie fillets. Now, if the Good Lord made anything better than fried crappie, He saw fit to keep it for himself. Not to mention how hard all that was to come by. There is 300 acres of undeveloped woods behind my house. Let's say that the possums at well last few days.

Hope it all gets fixed for you and you come out ok. Somehow, the tone I read in your posts says that you will.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I love my venison. I lost a lot of that. But I lost a TON of crappie fillets. Now, if the Good Lord made anything better than fried crappie, He saw fit to keep it for himself. Not to mention how hard all that was to come by. There is 300 acres of undeveloped woods behind my house. Let's say that the possums at well last few days.

Hope it all gets fixed for you and you come out ok. Somehow, the tone I read in your posts says that you will.
Lucky for the woodland creatures lol!
Its hard not to be optimistic after surviving stage 4 brain cancer
Old 07-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #7

Don't feel too bad. I did the same thing back in April. My old 5er didn't have a black tank flush. Just bought this trailer in January. Luckily my DW was inside and took my 4 y/o niece to the bathroom about 5 minutes after I turned the water on. I heard a loud, "the toilet just exploded when I tried to flush it!" and realized what I did. Turned off the water and hooked up the sewer hose. I will say the tank seemed very clean.

A good friend was telling a similar story when we were camping at Gulf State Park in May. He didn't realize what he did until he had a brown fountain coming from the roof vent pipe.

I wonder why/how the bad stuff was coming from the sink. The sink should be plumbed into a grey tank. The black tank should only be the toilet.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #8

For some reason my bathroom sink drains to the black tank. Bizarre. My old '05 Cougar tt didn't have a flush system either and the dealer didn't bother to inform me about a flush system. One more strike for Boat N RV in my book