Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #41

I have a Catalina 303RLS. This was our third trip with our 2014, and the exhaust fan blew on the overhead compartment above the stove. Has anyone else had this happen? Can you fix it yourself?
Giddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #42
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddy1 View Post
I have a Catalina 303RLS. This was our third trip with our 2014, and the exhaust fan blew on the overhead compartment above the stove. Has anyone else had this happen? Can you fix it yourself?
I haven't had any issues and if you are talking about the range hood fan then it would probably be just as easy to replace the entire hood itself. They are fairly straight forward in replacing and not really difficult.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #43

2014 273DBS 50th Anniversary edition. Had it about 16 months now. No major issues. Very happy with the brand. Had it out 4th of July, 99 degrees, no shade. Stayed under 76 degrees inside.

2014 Coachmen Catalina 273DBS
50th Anniversary model
acope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #44

Catalina 30RLS

Need to know where one would get parts for a 2013 Catalina 30RLS. Have an issue with the strap under the slide that allows the electrical wire wrap to extend the width of the slide. It is plastic and keeps breaking and hanging down hitting the tire and needs to be tied up with string for traveling.

As you can imagine, the repair shop wants big bucks to replace a plastic strap about 3 feet long. This is the second one that has broken at the two bolts that hold it to the frame.

Anyone have any experience or any ideas? I'm thinking "duct tape".

Thanks,

Jim
jpaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaskell View Post
Need to know where one would get parts for a 2013 Catalina 30RLS. Have an issue with the strap under the slide that allows the electrical wire wrap to extend the width of the slide. It is plastic and keeps breaking and hanging down hitting the tire and needs to be tied up with string for traveling.

As you can imagine, the repair shop wants big bucks to replace a plastic strap about 3 feet long. This is the second one that has broken at the two bolts that hold it to the frame.

Anyone have any experience or any ideas? I'm thinking "duct tape".

Thanks,

Jim
Jim- Funny you bring this up, mine broke this weekend as well on my Catalina. I asked the forum here as you did and found that its avaliable from Lippert components apparently but also found that its a common problem on all mfgrs. Mine broke where it connects to the frame, a suggestion was to get a galvanized hinge from the hardware store and bolt it to the plastic strap and screw to the frame. Cheap 2 dollar fix i am going to try. here is a link to the thread on the tech forum.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ess-90699.html
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #46

Catalina 30RLS

Ryand,

Great info, I appreciate the information. Also appreciate the link. Looks like a trip to Home Depot this weekend and try to figure what hinge to purchase. This fix makes sense. Hope it works out well for you also.

Jim
Old 08-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #47

I had the same issue, used the galvanized hing painted it black and screwed it to the frame, been working fine the last two seasons, our plastic part broke the second trip out. Bad design!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
packerman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #48

Catalina 30RLS

You would think they would spend the $2.00 and get it right. I know a twice visit for the warranty at my dealer was more than that, plus the price of the part.

Makes no sense, WAIT, that explains it, why do something that makes sense.

Thanks folks.

Jim
Old 09-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Jim- Funny you bring this up, mine broke this weekend as well on my Catalina. I asked the forum here as you did and found that its avaliable from Lippert components apparently but also found that its a common problem on all mfgrs. Mine broke where it connects to the frame, a suggestion was to get a galvanized hinge from the hardware store and bolt it to the plastic strap and screw to the frame. Cheap 2 dollar fix i am going to try. here is a link to the thread on the tech forum.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ess-90699.html
Ditto, did that on my Heartland, cheap, easy repair, been holding up for 6 years...
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, catalina