Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Catalina maintenance issues

Just want to pass along to any other Catalina owners (or anyone else for that matter) that the PVC drain pipes in our camper were loose and there was a slight leak under the kitchen sink. Nothing major, but the pipes throughout the camper were all loose.

I also noticed the cover on the furnace was loose and had been rubbing the cabinet face as we were going down the road. Now I have some nice scratches on a 5 month old camper. My wife was pretty upset. She spends over an hour cleaning at the end of each trip!

The Concertone ZX50 quits playing CD's after awhile. It just stopped in the middle of a CD. Pulled the fuse in the converter as someone recommended and that did not fix it. The problem is intermittent, but I am going to try and get it replaced.

My antennae will not rotate. I don't even have a TV in the camper, but decided I should try it since we will have a TV soon. Several people said it could be silicone on the roof...

The biggest issue I have found and it could become a safety issue is hte jack-knife couch. The couch sits next to a pantry by the refridgerator. The only support for that side is a small piece of plywood stood up vertically. When you sit on the couch this board flexes and moves outward. I first noticed it because some velcro was showing from the front cover for the under couch storage. Love the storage! Anyway, I am going to put an L-bracket there and see if that solves the problem.
All in all, I love this camper! We are going out again next week!

2016 Puma 30RLIS
2011 Catalina 19RD - totalled by hail
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Send a message via MSN to dinda156 Send a message via Skype™ to dinda156
I have a 2012 28DDS and the radio system (Forest River Electronics) which is a ZX54? or 50 I believe is a disaster. The radio portion works ok, but the DVD player simply will not playback commerical DVD's. I do not believe it is possible that FR could possibly have imported a cheaper quality Radio/CD/DVD unit.

I also experienced some water lines leaking under my sink. I tightened them down which corrected the problem.

All in all, I am very happy with the purchase. Though I am thinking the quality is not really as great as I had hoped when spending over 20K on an RV/TT.

dinda156 is offline   Reply With Quote

antennae, catalina, drain, furnace, zx50