Old 02-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #1

Catalina special order time frame

Well after a year of looking and shopping I finally pulled the trigger on a Catalina 283rks. We choose to have the table and chairs so they can be taken out and replaced with dog cages for our 4 legged kids.

Had a very hard time finding one with the options we wanted for a price that was acceptable. Our closest Rv dealer had one but wanted $6-7k more than the one we ordered from Wana Rv. Which is well worth the say of driving to get it.

My question is that we are being told that it will be 11 weeks until they receive the Rv from the factory, how accurate is this? We are hoping that it will be half that time so we can enjoy some of the early spring weather.

In case anyone is wondering we got every option we were shown, 30lb tanks, Mocha interior,larger ac unit, bar stools,enclosed underbelly, fireplace,trifold couch,and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else.

Already plan on changing the bed out for a memory foam like we have at home. 14k equalizer hitch is in the deal,the hard part will be parking it in my driveway without giving my neighbors a lawn job.

quicky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #2

We bought a 283RKS in November off the lot with every option but the 30lb tanks and fireplace. Would like to have the fireplace, I may install one myself someday. This one has the Peppercorn decor. We have been out twice for a total of 6 nights and really love the floorplan. So far only a few small issues that I have fixed myself. I`m sure there is a wait time as they seem to sell this floorplan fast as they get them.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #3

I don't know about the Catalina, but we ordered a Freedom Express last week and were given a 5 1/2 to 6 week time frame, so hopefully yours will be sooner.
gagirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #4

When we ordered our Catalina in early Jan, 2012 is was early March before we were takin it home, so 9 to 10 weeks. Coachmen have to build it, dealer has to do a PDI, and fix the items that Coachmen failed to assemble correctly. Then you need to do a buyers' walk-thru before you sign papers. Have the dealership run the frig, stove, oven, awning, radio, dvd player, furnace while you are there. Talk to them about maintenance, roof, seals, slides. Take good care of it and you will enjoy it. Happy camping.
ilcamphost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #5

Catalina also ordered here

We finally made a decision on Jan 10, and ordered at Catalina 283 RKS also with all of the options. Our dealer informed us with the holidays all, it make take a little longer. I checked with them on Monday of this week for an update. And I was told anytime in the next three weeks. Not sure if that will help you at not? But it appears about 5-8 weeks seems about right. Wish you lots of great times with your new RV.
Slow but Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #6

Correction

I gave you the wrong info regarding our Catalina order. We ordered it on Jan 10, and it has been a little over four weeks. And our dealer said another 3-5 weeks, and if that is correct, that will make it between 8-10 weeks total. That all being said, I will be surprised if gets here before than. Sorry for any confusion on my part. Again. lots of luck and have fun.

Tom
Old 02-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
(Dry Huunday)

Sounds legit. We ordered ours about this time in 2014 and it took about 10 weeks or so, we picked it up the first week of May.
Good luck! I think you will be happy with a Catalina! I know we are!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #8

Update. We just a call from RV dealer, and our 2017 Catalina 283 RKS has arrived at the dealership. We ordered it on Dec 29. We are happy with the time from ordered to arrival. We plan on driving to Oh within the next two weeks and bring her home.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #9

Thank you for the responses. Just trying to see what I'm in for.

I get really impatient waiting for things I've paid money for.

Well that and the last two weekends have been in the 70s here
Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #10

Just thought i would update this. The dealer receive the unit yesterday(Wanna RV). Going to pick it up on the 17th. So it was
Something like 6 weeks.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #11

Oh And it's a 2018
Old 04-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #12

Awesome! We picked up our FE last Friday. Took 6 weeks and it came in as 2018 too. Absolutely love it. Hope you enjoy yours too.
gagirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #13

So do we. I'm am off every third weekend. So I am picking it up on a weekend off and it will be more weeks before we can take it somewhere.

The issue I'm seeing is the two nearby campgrounds. We normally go tent camping at are booked for several Months. So looks like it's time to find something new.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicky06 View Post
Oh And it's a 2018
Congrats! Pics please!

Tags
cat, catalina, frame