Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #1

Chaparral 360IBL

We are going to sign on the dotted line for a 2016 Chaparral 360IBL this weekend. I've noticed that there are a few of you on here that own this model. Would like to hear some current feedback on how you are liking this model and anything that I should be weary of before purchase.
Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #2

Do a search in this forum for my thread on my 360IBL or search by my posts. I have listed a ton of issues I've had from the factory. Nothing really mechanical.. mostly all minor problems and things that the factory should have picked up.

I still love the camper and look forward to going each and every time.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #3

Just got back from our fourth trip since getting ours. This trip was in 107 degree temps in Texas. Everything worked great...did realize that we had to have both a/c going around 10:00 am to make sure temps were nice and cool in the afternoon. We keep our home ac at 80 so running both units in the 5er kept us more comfortable than at home. May need to check just minor things but have had no major issues so far.

We did have a vendor associated with the dealership deliver the unit to us at a storage shed. They had a blow out just before getting there so we bought four new tires within 2 weeks of getting the unit. That's my only suggestion...change out the tires to some good ones.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #4

Chaparral 360IBL

We signed the papers yesterday. Blwnsmoke, I checked out your posts. I'll keep an eye out as we do our walk though on Friday. I'll make sure to hand them the check after that is done. Scootingranny, what tires did y'all go with? Also do you know why they had a blowout? (Driving too fast / low tire pressure?) We are immediately taking it to Colorado Springs (got to get away from this Texas heat) and I want to make sure it's not something we should do prior to leaving. The ones one there now are 16 E. I know there are better ones though.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:15 AM   #5

We could open up a whole can of worms talking about tires. So many have had issues with the stock tires that come on the rvs these days, others have not had any issue. We aren't sure why our tire blew...we personally think it's probably a combination of being driven from the factory in Indiana to Texas, being on their spare storage lot for a few months, possible under inflation and possible speed by the driver or he could have run up a curb. We just don't know for sure. We weren't savvy enough to have them check tire pressure in front of us during PDI which I now recommend to anybody picking one up at a dealership or having one delivered for them, like we did (didn't have the truck until 3 months after getting the 5er) DH did lots of research on tires and he said every single brand has good reviews and bad reviews so he went with what we could afford and that had a reasonable probability of being better than the stock tires, so he got Goodyear Marathons. You'll read good and bad reviews on those and I'm not familiar with the details of the tires. I only know that he went by what is recommended on one of the stickers on the 5er.

As for replacing yours before your trip, that's a good question. Since DH and I are newbies, I can't really give advice from our other experiences, as who knows...we might have been able to get lots more mileage off the stock tires (which were Westlake). I just know that we had been reading lots of bad reviews on the "China bombs" as they are affectionately known, ours arrived to the storage lot with a blowout and we wanted to err on the side of caution as we are hoping to spend LOTS more time traveling in the very near future.

Best of luck to you...post pics (we all love pics here) and can't blame you for wanting to escape this Texas heat. We just spent this past weekend camping at Lake Tawakoni State Park and it was hot! HOT!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #6

Chaparral 360IBL

Scootingranny, thank you! I will make sure they check the pressure for us during the walk through. Goodyears are good tires. I'll look into those for a future investment. We will post some pictures. Looking forward to our new 5er. We are upgrading from a FR Vibe 829. I think we are going to like the spaciousness of the 360 much better. With twin 3 year old boys, we need the space! The middle bunk house was what sold us. I saw what y'all did with it. My wife is a big scrapbooker. If we still have it 15 years from now I know I will be making that mod. 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #7

J-Mac you might want to consider a topper for the bed in the master. It's a decent mattress by itself (it's a good quality Serta), but DH got a topper from Sam's and it makes such a comfortable bed! Have a friend who got one for her Vibe TT from Wal-Mart (called a Spa Sensations) and other companies make good ones, too. Just an added layer of comfort.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #8

Good call! We will probably do that. The mattress in our Vibe was horrible! This one does look a lot nicer but the more comfortable the better the camping experience.
Sorry for the stupid question, but... What does DH stand for? New to the forum and the abbreviations.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #9

DH, for me has two meanings. On a good day it means Dear Hubby. On a bad day it means Doofas Hubby. Insert grinning face here but I don't know how to
Old 08-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #10

Ahh... Ok. Thank you.