Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #21

Don't they make two different floor plans for the 390 QSMB? One with the entertainment on the range side and one with the entertainment on the table side? The one with the entertainment on the table side has an outdoor kitchen. I have only noticed one model like this.
ddowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddowling View Post
Don't they make two different floor plans for the 390 QSMB? One with the entertainment on the range side and one with the entertainment on the table side? The one with the entertainment on the table side has an outdoor kitchen. I have only noticed one model like this.

Are you sure that's not the 390 vs. 365 or something like that?
Old 04-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #23

No it's the 390. I wanted to 365 but now I want the 390 w outdoor kitchen.
ddowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:47 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
Interesting. I'd definitely be interested in that. The last thing is, if they could figure out how to throw a 1/2 bath into it somewhere back there, I'd likely trade that instant.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Interesting. I'd definitely be interested in that. The last thing is, if they could figure out how to throw a 1/2 bath into it somewhere back there, I'd likely trade that instant.
I see what they did. They're sneaking a little bit of an outdoor kitchen into the area below the stairs and hallway in front of the entry door:
https://allseasonsrv.com/rv/2015-cha...90qsmb-311812/

I still really want a sink out there.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:52 PM   #26

Love

we picked up ours this weekend. Totally in love with it. The room, the decor, etc - perfect! Taking it on maiden voyage to Disney in a week. A bit nervous but excited. My one concern is the bathroom cabinet under sink is open around pipes to storage underneath trailer. Is that to keep things heated or to let mice in? Wondering if we need to seal the gaps somehow... Anyone know?
DavidandHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #27

Ours is also open. I believe you might be correct with the heat closed doors on cabinets sometimes become a problem
Spenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #28

The Bald Guy...I would be curious of hearing your lessons learned. I'm new to travel trailers/5th wheels too and the 390 QSMB is really big but fits our family best.
SkiLakeRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLakeRV View Post
I'm new to travel trailers/5th wheels too and the 390 QSMB is really big but fits our family best.
SkiLake,

This topic is 2 years old, but it's always nice to see these ghost posts pop back up.

I have had my 390 for a little over a year. What are you interested in? Towing long trailers or something more specific to the 390. I love ours. It is perfect for my family and how we camp. The length can be an issue getting into some sites, but I haven't found any place I couldn't get into. My old 5er I had for 13 years was only 31 ft long, but I towed a 48 ft, 2 car enclosed racecar hauler all over the country for 7 years. A 42 ft 5er is almost easy.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #30

Mostly interested in hearing how a newbie like me handled a 42 footer. We love the floor plan!
Old 03-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #31
Always Learning

Quote:
Mostly interested in hearing how a newbie like me handled a 42 footer. We love the floor plan!

My towing experience history in a nutshell:
- moving a kayak trailer down a walking path to lake side and back; at the end of each night, we had to back it into a parking spot- 4 out of 5 times, we unhitched and rolled it into place

- bought a 20' pop-up and hauled that around or 4 months

- bought a 42' fifth wheel and almost immediately went on a 1,400 mile round trip with it (second trip/3rd week of ownership)

The best thing (and one of the few good things) my dealer did was sent me on a drive in my truck with the trailer with a tech riding shotgun. I was so afraid to pull it around the building to start that I made him do it! He gave me tips as we went.

So far so good- a couple of minor mishaps (mostly eating curbs). I'm coming up on my fifth anniversary with it and went fulltime almost 2 years ago.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #32

Quote:
What are you towing with? As long as you have enough truck, the rest is just practice where you can't hurt anything. The 390 has a pretty good axle to pin length. Meaning the wheels on the trailer are fairly close to the middle of the trailer. This helps with being able to cut corners without having to swing so wide. You do have to be careful with the tail swinging around. If I'm trying to make a tight corner, I have to remember the rear bumper on the trailer can end up 5 or 6 ft further to the side of the road than the wheels started.

This is what I used to tow all over. It was about 6 ft longer than the 390, but the axles are set pretty far to the rear compared to the 390. You REALLY had to take turns wide or you were wiping out curbs and landscaping.

As for backing. Practice, practice, practice. Find a big parking lot and set out cones, or buckets or anything else that won't matter if you hit it. The good thing about a long wheelbase trailer is that you can control it easier than a short wheelbase. It takes a lot of truck movement to get the trailer turning, but you have more time/room to adjust the truck than when backing up a short trailer. I once tried to back a jet ski trailer down a boat ramp with my long bed, crewcab dually. The first problem was I couldn't see the trailer around the fender flares, but the trailer would react so fast, I couldn't correct enough with the truck. I finally gave up and pushed the trailer by hand.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but we've all been there. Nothing time, patience and practice can't cure.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #33

Thank you for the replies! We plan to keep the 5th wheel at the lake, but will need to move it time to time. Our next purchase is the tow vehicle and realize a dually would be best. However it looks like a newer 1 ton single rear wheel will do the job. Anyone using the same?

We live next to a high school so I will do plenty of practicing in the parking lot!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:06 AM   #34

We travel with our 360IBL alot and I would not want less than my dually. Other opinions abound but that is mine.

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote