Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #1

Chaparral UDC question...

When looking at the UDC on our new Chaparral fifth wheel, I see two ports facing me and one in the top of the compartment. The one up top is not labeled, and the one that is doesnt match what the guy on pre-delivery told us. Can anyone help us out? I will try to post a pic as soon as I get home. Thanks, B
bshingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

im confused udc ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #3

Question

Universal Docking Center. I would assume that the left port is for city water inlet. I know the right port is for cable tv. Question is, what is the top port for? Is that the black tank flush? The predelivery guy told me that the top is city water but that doesnt make sense based on the label placement. Also, how do I sanitize this system and or fill when dry camping since I have no separate port with external fill cap. All is done through these valves. Thanks, B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UDC.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	10936  
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #4

I have a Chaparral 279bhs. The top is city and fresh tank depending on those knobs and the left is black flush. Easy way to tell, hook up the sewer hose pull the black tank and listen for empty. Then hook up the hose to the left and turn it on. Within 15 seconds or so and you will hear water in the sewer hose.
wneise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Now a "Top Member"

Wow...can't say as I've ever seen a setup quite like that. I can see how you would be confused. I would say just from a common sense perspective (that not being very common sometimes!), the top port would be city hookup (as wneise noted), and the one on the side left is black tand flush. I would base this on the fact that when flushing the black tank, you would not want to risk any "stuff" coming back down out of that port. Also, it would make sense that the city be on the top so the hose is hanging straight down to minimize any chance of kinking the hose.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #6

Thank you all for your help. It is exactly as wneise said.

2012 Nights Camped - 13
Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

I have the same set-up & the one on the side is labeled as the black tank flush as others have said. Also, I sanitized my fresh water tank by pouring bleach in the garden hose and then attaching it to the trailer & then turning on the water. As for filling the tank when dry camping, I just bought a 12V portable water pump from Harbor Freight ($35) but I haven't used it yet. Thinking of wiring it to my upfitter switches on my Ford
dezeldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #8

For the sanitizing, that's a good idea. I will have to do that ASAP as our first trip for the season is this weekend...we leave Friday morning. The 12v pump from harbor freight is an excellent idea too. I hadn't thought of that and I have the same upfitter switches built into my ford also. Thanks for the help dezeldad!

2012 Nights Camped - 13