Old 02-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rke View Post
Does this controller turn the blower fan on and off when the compressor starts and stops? Or does the fan continuously run?
The fan cycles. One of the BEST benefits of doing the upgrade is not having to listen to that darn fan all the time.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #12

I'm definitely going to do this. A few questions though:

1. Found the control module on eBay but I'm wondering if there was a particular reason you didn't go with a Coleman thermostat like the 8330-3362 that already has the capability to select fan speed?

2. How do the control wires for the propane heater get wired into your new thermostat?

3. You said it was fairly easy to fish the wires thru the ceiling and wall - exactly how did you accomplish that? I've got a fish tape but am not sure how to transition from the ceiling down the wall.

Thanks!!

Old 03-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #13

1. Found the control module on eBay but I'm wondering if there was a particular reason you didn't go with a Coleman thermostat like the 8330-3362 that already has the capability to select fan speed?

You can use any thermostat you like, I used the Honeywell since they are easy to find and it is like the one in our house.

2. How do the control wires for the propane heater get wired into your new thermostat?

Put the new thermostat in the same location as the heaters so it was just a matter of making the heaters connections in the thermostat. Plenty of wiring diagrams showing how to make the connections.

3. You said it was fairly easy to fish the wires thru the ceiling and wall - exactly how did you accomplish that? I've got a fish tape but am not sure how to transition from the ceiling down the wall.

All my wiring is in line with the power panel in the overhead cabinet, fished from the AC to it and from it down the wall, just followed the other wires.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:14 PM   #14

Thanks!

Tags
thermostat