Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 05:41 AM   #1

Clipper Problems

Finally took my 17BH to a full service site for four days. Don't think the A/C worked much at all. It felt a little cooler inside, but think that was because the humidity was removed. Also, the blinds kept falling down from the top. On investigation, the top bar of the blinds have a hole on each side and fit over pegs on the wall with nothing to secure them in? Went inside after we first arrived and one had vibrated off during the trip.
Obviously back to the dealer for the A/C, but anyone figured out how to remedy the blind problem?
stellaandspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaandspike View Post
Finally took my 17BH to a full service site for four days. Don't think the A/C worked much at all. It felt a little cooler inside, but think that was because the humidity was removed. Also, the blinds kept falling down from the top. On investigation, the top bar of the blinds have a hole on each side and fit over pegs on the wall with nothing to secure them in? Went inside after we first arrived and one had vibrated off during the trip.
Obviously back to the dealer for the A/C, but anyone figured out how to remedy the blind problem?
I've got a 17FQ and found that the AC thermostat wouldn't go low enough for my tastes - even at it's lowest setting it would turn off the compressor when the interior still felt warm to me. Not to mention the fan would continue to run.

So I replaced the control board and added an external wall mounted thermostat. Now in even 95 degree weather I can get the interior down to the mid 60's if I want. And I can set it so that the fan turns off when the set temp is reached.

After all that effort I ran across a Youtube video that shows how to adjust the OEM thermostat to allow for much lower settings. Apparently there is an adjustment screw.

On mine the blinds are more like shades that have two string configurations on each side. The strings are secured at the bottom by round clear plastic clamps that are screwed into the wall. My shades would never stay up until I figured out I had to take the slack out of the strings by pulling them tight while holding the plastic clamp so I didn't pull it out of the wall.
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:39 PM   #3

In our 17FQ I installed the controller to add a wall thermostat because I could not stand listening to the fan run constantly. Plus to have better control over the temp in the cabin, it will frost your cookies if you want it to. Highly recommend it for your AC. Our blinds are also like shades with the strings you tighten so the shade can be adjusted to different heights. Only problem is the little round knobs cannot be tightened because the screws have nothing in the wall to get a bite on. As some as I can get time I intend to put some blind nuts in the wall so we can tighten the screws properly.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:01 AM   #4

Thank you for the info on the thermostat adjustment! Will check the YouTube video or have my dealer do it. It never shut off and if it was 90 outside, it was 85 inside after running for a day and a half. We were on a semi shaded site too.
I should have said shades, not blinds (only window with a blind is over the sink). We have the same problem (not staying up) on one window. Figured out how to tighten the bottom to get rid of slack, but it doesn't last because the screw in the wall can't really tighten. My problem is them falling off the window at the top under the valance! Thinking about trying duct tape, LOL. You won't see it because of the valance. Trying to figure out if it is just a really poor design and I should just deal with it, or if it is an assembly line error and there are supposed to be some type of "keeper" to keep the shade from coming off of the peg. Dealer is just down the road, maybe I'll go look at another Clipper.
stellaandspike is offline   Reply With Quote