Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #1

Coachmen

looking at a 364dn and needing input on coachman products,getting out of a cedar creek 38fl that has had problems from day one.wont ever own another cedar creek.Bought the cedar creek thinking it was a high end camper,wrong.Any input on a coacman would be appreciated
Jeffjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #2

We are on our 2nd Coachman 5th wheel.Both are the Chaparral line.Ours now is the same size as the on you are looking at.The Brookstone is supposed to be the better of the Coachman two 5 er lines.I didn't see the difference between them.We have had no problems with either one of ours and would recommend the line to anyone. They just work well.Pull great and best bang for the bucks,we think. We like the front living room we have now very much.Saying this,we are getting some warranty work done now at our dealer in Sapulpa,Ok. Nothing major,just little things.Slide adjustments,water pump would not pump from the tank and the velcro tape they used to keep the shower surround tight wasn't working. I would buy it again,but I really like it.We just got back from a 4200 mile trip 10 days ago and when we get it back are planning on heading to Alaska in the late spring.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Did a small edit on the OP title to reflect Coachmen

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
(Dry Huunday)

Very satisfied with our Catalina!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #5

Have a 2010 Brookstone, bought it new and we still love it. Just replaced tires and batteries last fall. Been very trouble free.
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #6

I've had my Chaparral 390 for a year. Very happy with it. I would think the Cedar Creek was a little up market from the Chaparral. The only problem I have had with my trailer is the kitchen faucet has no water pressure and the fan on the range hood quit on the 2nd trip. Both were replaced by the factory when I had it up for crash damage. The faucet is only slightly better, but I give them credit for trying. They wouldn't put the same model faucet in after I told them it was a common complaint on the forums. He worked with the warranty side (across the street) and put a faucet in from a higher line motorhome. It looks nice and is better than the original, but still doesn't have much pressure. They even checked the supply lines and blew them out.

Oh well, once the winter thaws, I'll probably replace it with a Home Depot faucet the way many others have.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:35 PM   #7

We have owned our 360IBL for almost a year now.... been a solid unit so far... minor warranty issues.... AC ducts not sealed properly, slide adjustment... our unit was on the dealer lot for awhile and the basement locks had corroded and the bike rack was rusty underneath.

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:58 AM   #8
Insert witty title here

Our Freedom Express 310 BHDS had a flawless first year having camped out 30+ days and traveling 5000+ miles. We are eagerly awaiting the start of the 2017 season 72 days from today.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #9

Our Coachmen Apex has performed rather nicely since the 1st year owning and towing with it. So ready for the season to get cranking.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:43 PM   #10

Love our Apex, although we haven't had a chance to use it yet.....
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:38 PM   #11

We have about 70 nights in our Apex. So far, so good. Really enjoying it.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #12

We've had our Apex for about a year come this April. Have done six full weekend campouts and love the unit. Yes, we had a few "shake out" concerns that have been handled well by the dealership. Had an issue with the awning that I was not happy how FR dealt with the issue. It was an issue of 4 pin holes in a new awning on the first trip out June of 2016. They claimed the awning had struck something. Dealer said it looked like a quality issue and agreed with me. Still, FR denied covering it. I find it interesting since I live in AZ and where we camp there are NO over hanging trees; to or from. Go figure.

We've put 708 miles on this trailer thus far and have been very pleased with the handling and lodging it provides.

2016 Coachmen APEX 259 BHSS

2016 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
Twin turbos baby !!!
azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdave View Post
We've had our Apex for about a year come this April. Have done six full weekend campouts and love the unit. Yes, we had a few "shake out" concerns that have been handled well by the dealership. Had an issue with the awning that I was not happy how FR dealt with the issue. It was an issue of 4 pin holes in a new awning on the first trip out June of 2016. They claimed the awning had struck something. Dealer said it looked like a quality issue and agreed with me. Still, FR denied covering it. I find it interesting since I live in AZ and where we camp there are NO over hanging trees; to or from. Go figure.

We've put 708 miles on this trailer thus far and have been very pleased with the handling and lodging it provides.
It's those pesky cacti or cactuses.....

BTW, with temps forecasted to be in the mid 60s this week-end we are going to give our trailer its' first shake down.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #14

Coachmen

We had a 253RKS and moved up to a 283RKS, as a campground host usually have 150+ days camping a year. No big problems just small items, but I have a great dealer who does a good PDI. In your walk-thru ask questions, run applications, found out about maintenance. The more you know the better it will serve you.
ilcamphost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #15

Camper 2 ones ago was a 2006 Somerset. Should never have traded that one. Minor issues in componentry. Inverter went, slide was out of adjustment so I had to push on a corner to get it in. I think the slide hole was cut wrong. But other than that loved it.

You might have gotten a bad CC. We just bought a Cottage. We'll see. But really, in general, you do get what you pay for. As far as travel trailers, or rather destination trailers, the CC Cottage is the top of the bunch. Not just the type. And the CC 5rs are no slouch either.

Btw. I've looked at a couple of Redwoods, and was NOT impressed. Not for that money. At all. You could just sense in them something off. Sawdust in the drawers. The joints not matching up. The outsides are impressive. But I'm living on the inside.

Saw a Montana priced at 86k. Loved the layout. But the storage compartments were all wet. Not sealed well outside. That's worrisome.

I'm hoping this cottage will be a good one. But it is what it is and I'll just try to stay on top of it. But there really isn't a line out there that I know if that's any better. Evergreen may have been. But they're gone.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote