Old 03-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #1

Coachmen 311FS Owners

How do you like the residential fridge? Does it work well? I know it is probably a energy user and not ideal for boondocking but we intend to go heavy on solar with a pair of Lithium batteries so that isn't a huge concern for us. What brand,model,capacity?

RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #2

Residential fridge

We like the Hisense a lot. So far after 2 year’s (about 10 months of use) it has performed flawlessly. We have not boon-docked and wood be concerned about lack of power to do so. We only have the 2 12 volt batteries for the inverter. I am considering adding a couple more or going to Lithium if we plan to boon dock, but we’ll give it a try maybe first.

Palpjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I really like the idea of the Lithiums. Even w/out solar a decent small gen like a pair of Hondas, Champions daisy chained together would probably provide enough power with just a couple of hours of run time a day for boondocking. With the Lithiums being able to safely go down to a 10% charge, recharge 4 times faster, last between 3000-5000 charge cycles really makes sense for dry camping.
Just getting away from the problems, fire risk with the LP/Electric fridges sounds so good.
I know the Hisense isn't rated at a "large" refer. but not having the fins inside makes it all usable space.
If you wouldn't mind posting a pic of it........would be very appreciated
Thanks!
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #4

Hisense photo

Unfortunately I am not near our rig, but you can see a picture of the fridge on line at the Leprechaun brochure.
Palpjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen