Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #1

coachmen 312bhds

Hello everyone, we are a large family, so far we have 6 children and are doing our research on our first travel trailer. After a lot of surfing I think the 312bhds fit most of our needs. The 3 slide outs, the bunk house, the fireplace, the larger fridge, the extra booth in the bunk house and the removable table are all things that we really could use. Now for the issue, being we are still having kids we will have this trailer for decades and we want it to meet all our needs, we also want an outside kitchen. I have seen several other brands that come close but it appears I would have to give something else up. Because I seem to find a new rv brand everyday and there are so many models I have no idea if I'm missing one that would include all that the 312bhds has plus the outdoor kitchen. Any suggestions? Thanks
xangiekiddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #2

Have you seen a 320bhds? We pick ours up next Saturday and can't wait!
AJCR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #3

I have seen it thank you, the only issue we have with that one is the lack of the third slide. I'm afraid we will be sorry we didn't get the extra slide. I'm not trying to be extra picky, I just want to be smart on my first choice and not regret it later. Thanks for the try!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:26 AM   #4

It does have 3 slides;bunk, kitchen, and dining/living area. Here's a link to similar. http://www.clemstrailersales.com/rv/...editio+320bhds
Old 03-15-2015, 10:58 AM   #5

I'm sorry, my bad, I meant the double slide in the bunk house and the last in the family room. I would hate to lose another bed but that one does have me thinking with the massive kitchen, the center island is pretty nice. I'm sure next Saturday can't come fast enough for you. Are you buying yours from Clems? Thats where we wanted to buy ours. If you are, please let me know how it goes. Also how many kids do you have that will be camping with you?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #6

No we are getting ours from Pontiac RV, we have 2 kids of our own plus 2 large dogs. We have a group of friends we camp with and at times there up to 7-10 kids all wanting to crash together... It should be interesting this year now that we will have the "fun new" camper. We also looked at other campers but I couldn't cross the outside kitchen off my want list, and the wife loves the island/counter space.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #7

I can definitely understand that. I haven't wanted to give up on the outside kitchen. I don't think I can give up that extra bunk in that model, by the time we add the kids friends we will be over capacity as it is. So although yours is great I'm still on the hunt of it all. I look forward to hearing how well your first trip goes. Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
Paradise has arrived!

We bought from Clem's last May. Easy to deal with and no complaints. Our first inspection for the "forever warranty" is coming up soon so we'll see how that goes.

Oh and if you still have the same tt in a couple of decades I'll eat my Steelers hat. Besides with 6 (and counting) kids in several decades you'll be lucky if you can remember what that big thing on wheels in your driveway is for!!! Seriously, congrats on the new tt and the great family.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:00 AM   #9

Paradise115. Lol very true, the kids are looking forward to having their friends over just to stay in the rv.
I have searched in what seems forever now with no luck having everything I want. I think the outdoor kitchen will be the one sacrifice.
Can you tell me, when you bought from Clems did they track on extra costs to the listed price besides tax? Are you local to them? We will have to drive out from Omaha to go so it will be nice to hear first hand if there will be issues. Also did you use the week at the Disney campground?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #10
Paradise has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xangiekiddies View Post
Paradise115. Lol very true, the kids are looking forward to having their friends over just to stay in the rv.
I have searched in what seems forever now with no luck having everything I want. I think the outdoor kitchen will be the one sacrifice.
Can you tell me, when you bought from Clems did they track on extra costs to the listed price besides tax? Are you local to them? We will have to drive out from Omaha to go so it will be nice to hear first hand if there will be issues. Also did you use the week at the Disney campground?
Clem's didn't try to sell any extras nor did they add on any hidden costs. I added a 7 year warranty only because I'm not too good at repairs. I am local to them. We keep the tt in a campground year round and it's about an hour from home.

We didn't use the Florida coupon. Spent enough time in Florida in our younger years so no real desire to go back.

Wow...coming from Omaha! You must really want this camper!!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #11

Yes we do, so far they have the best price and with the added bonus of they campground which was the first thing we had wanted to do anyways. You said you got the 7 year warranty, from what the site says it comes with a lifetime one. What's the difference?
Old 03-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #12
Paradise has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xangiekiddies View Post
Yes we do, so far they have the best price and with the added bonus of they campground which was the first thing we had wanted to do anyways. You said you got the 7 year warranty, from what the site says it comes with a lifetime one. What's the difference?
The forever warranty covers big things like the furnace etc. But it does not cover most things. The 7 year warranty is bumper to bumper. Most folks on here don't buy extended warranties but I wanted the piece of mind Just a personal preference. Check out the forever warranty and if you're comfortable with that then an additional one might be an unnecessary expense. Plus if you can do some repairs you might be ok. They say most things that go wrong will happen in the first year. But for me things always seem to break after the manufacturers warranty ends. Also if you are getting a Forest River product I've seen posts that have said you can buy a second year for a couple hundred bucks. So be sure to ask about that. Coachman doesn't offer a second year. Some folks also like the Camping World extended warranty. If you do some research you can probably find something less expensive than the one at Clem's. I don't recall exactly what I paid but it was probably a couple grand.

Oh and with the forever warranty you have to get the tt inspected every year. Costs 300 bucks and I think any dealer can do it so long as they 're an authorized dealer.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #13

Paradise 115, thank you so much for the great information, I am learning so much. Now I know I have to work the inspection into our annual budget. There is a lot to research now in extended warranties for me.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
Paradise has arrived!

You're very welcome. And good luck!!

Tags
coachmen