Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

Coachmen 5th Wheel 336TSIK Anyone Own One

I was hooked on either a Crusader or Keystone Montana High Country but after looking at these I am intrigued.

Just curious if anyone owns one of these or Catalina 5th Wheel? How is it function and how has it held up etc.

I appreciate any comments from Coachmen 5th Wheel or TT owners on Coachmen products
Old 02-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #2

I think you will like the Chaparral.Best bang for the buck.We are on our 2nd "Chapy". We had the 29RKS and loved it. We pulled it about 30K in two years and never a bad moment. The only problem it had was a bad black tank valve. We decided to go bigger and the DW fell in love with the front living room floor plans. We looked at SOBs and went back to another Chappy. The 370FL. Again the best bang for the dollars. No major problems yet and we've pulled it over 7K since last Febuary when it came in from the factory. We hope this one will last us until we won't pull it anymore. I think you will find them to be a decent company and the two we have had were done just fine. They pull good,look good and seem to be built good. You can buy fancier,but the extra dollars and weight of the other 5ers aren't that much better. I'm talking on the FL models 10-15K more $$ and a couple of thousand pounds heavier.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
I think you will like the Chaparral.Best bang for the buck.We are on our 2nd "Chapy". We had the 29RKS and loved it. We pulled it about 30K in two years and never a bad moment. The only problem it had was a bad black tank valve. We decided to go bigger and the DW fell in love with the front living room floor plans. We looked at SOBs and went back to another Chappy. The 370FL. Again the best bang for the dollars. No major problems yet and we've pulled it over 7K since last Febuary when it came in from the factory. We hope this one will last us until we won't pull it anymore. I think you will find them to be a decent company and the two we have had were done just fine. They pull good,look good and seem to be built good. You can buy fancier,but the extra dollars and weight of the other 5ers aren't that much better. I'm talking on the FL models 10-15K more $$ and a couple of thousand pounds heavier.

Good to know bc I really like this model but may have to order one as no dealers near me carry it, and they are offered with a 6-Point leveling system which is tops above the other brands in their range
Old 02-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #4

Our 370 came with the 6 point. After the learning curve, it's great.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #5

We have a 336TSIK. We love the floor plan.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #6

Nice floor plan on the 336. I have the big brother 390. The living area/kitchen and bedroom are very similar. Mine just has a bunk room stuck between the kitchen and bathroom. I really like mine. Bought it a year ago in January 2016. We went to the RV show last weekend and checked out the new mid-bunks. Still like mine the better than anything else we saw.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #7

We are thinking if we want to get one with the options we want and colors we may need to order one as there are not many out there with the 6 point leveling system sitting on dealers lots
Old 02-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #8

We love our 360IBL!

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #9

I have a 2016 336TSIK and really enjoy it. We had a couple of minor problems that were fixed by the dealer. There are better units out there especially if your talking full timing but the Chappy is a good buy for the price.

Ron & Pat
Greentown Indiana
2014 F350
2016 Chaparal 336TSIK
ronandpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandpat View Post
I have a 2016 336TSIK and really enjoy it. We had a couple of minor problems that were fixed by the dealer. There are better units out there especially if your talking full timing but the Chappy is a good buy for the price.

Nope will never go full time, Wife and I plan to buy a small house near Family and Friends to call home but will use the Camper to see the US, not much need to leave US so much to see in our own Country.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #11

We have a 2015 336 TSIK. We love the floor plan it is very comfortable. We were just at Quartzsite, at one time due to bad weather we had ten people in there and the kitchen was still functional. I love the shower, very roomy and best I've seen in a trailer. We swapped out the Theater Seating for 2 recliners, just make sure you secure them for travel. I originally thought that the fireplace was silly, but turns out we use it a lot! It warms the living area nicely on the parks dime and saves a lot of propane. We were looking at a Laredo also. These two units were very similar but we chose the Coachmen because of the amazing shower, huge pantry, king size bed, second AC, bike rack and massive basement. Our friends have a 2014 Grand Design and it is identical to ours, same floor, lights, shower, pantry, storage. They didn't get a second AC or bike rack.
Problems you ask, well yes. Our walkthrough was so fast it is now a big joke. I even said after the guy walked away it was a good thing I already knew a lot about trailers. So slow them down so you can really check everything! After it was home before one use we found ripped seam in curtain, tear in window shade, windows that didn't close all the way, Black Water piping leak, Grey Water piping leak and extra screws all over. When they had it for repairs it came back with the bedroom slide not working, it sheared the pin in the motor, a month to replace. We had the dealership put toppers on the slides. The kitchen slide pulled the drip rail half off when we on the road. The dining room slide topper jammed, causing the slide room to rack then ripping the floor. It's all fixed now!
It is an easy pull for my RAM. We've mostly had hookups but we have boon docked very comfortably as well. I added a solar suit case with inverter and a genny.
The $64,000 question, would I recommend to a friend.....well yes, after they looked at the Grand Design. If you like the Coachmen better, go over it with a fine tooth comb before bringing it home and get the extended warranty!!!
Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything I forgot. Happy shopping and post what you get!
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 336 TSIK

Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice View Post
We have a 2015 336 TSIK. We love the floor plan it is very comfortable. We were just at Quartzsite, at one time due to bad weather we had ten people in there and the kitchen was still functional. I love the shower, very roomy and best I've seen in a trailer. We swapped out the Theater Seating for 2 recliners, just make sure you secure them for travel. I originally thought that the fireplace was silly, but turns out we use it a lot! It warms the living area nicely on the parks dime and saves a lot of propane. We were looking at a Laredo also. These two units were very similar but we chose the Coachmen because of the amazing shower, huge pantry, king size bed, second AC, bike rack and massive basement. Our friends have a 2014 Grand Design and it is identical to ours, same floor, lights, shower, pantry, storage. They didn't get a second AC or bike rack.
Problems you ask, well yes. Our walkthrough was so fast it is now a big joke. I even said after the guy walked away it was a good thing I already knew a lot about trailers. So slow them down so you can really check everything! After it was home before one use we found ripped seam in curtain, tear in window shade, windows that didn't close all the way, Black Water piping leak, Grey Water piping leak and extra screws all over. When they had it for repairs it came back with the bedroom slide not working, it sheared the pin in the motor, a month to replace. We had the dealership put toppers on the slides. The kitchen slide pulled the drip rail half off when we on the road. The dining room slide topper jammed, causing the slide room to rack then ripping the floor. It's all fixed now!
It is an easy pull for my RAM. We've mostly had hookups but we have boon docked very comfortably as well. I added a solar suit case with inverter and a genny.
The $64,000 question, would I recommend to a friend.....well yes, after they looked at the Grand Design. If you like the Coachmen better, go over it with a fine tooth comb before bringing it home and get the extended warranty!!!
Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything I forgot. Happy shopping and post what you get!

I am leaning big towards it over the Crusader and Keystone Montana High Country as it has everything we need and a much better price point. Glad you got yours all sorted out for the most part I will take care of everything after the warranty unless we buy used and expect a few things to be corrected by since it is something we use 30-40 nights per year it won't make us poor as far as price and has a lot of Luxury Features and the fact we can get 2-4 ppl other than Wife and I, that works for us [emoji847]
Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #13

Just got a 2017 336tsik and so far love it. We had it's older brother a 343rlts for just over a year and a half. While in Florida in August I had an accident doing a lot of damage. After getting it back home found more than I felt comfortable having repaired and traded. Got the new one in December and camped over Christmas. So far we love it.
Harleyman 1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyman 1955 View Post
Just got a 2017 336tsik and so far love it. We had it's older brother a 343rlts for just over a year and a half. While in Florida in August I had an accident doing a lot of damage. After getting it back home found more than I felt comfortable having repaired and traded. Got the new one in December and camped over Christmas. So far we love it.

Thanks sorry about your older one but glad you like the new one we are looking at. To me they are a great value for the price I feel.... so far Fully loaded low to mid $30's is what we found them for
Old 02-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #15

Low to mid 30s seems like a great price... I thought we did good on our 360IBL in the mid-upper 30's

Old 02-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthorn View Post
Low to mid 30s seems like a great price... I thought we did good on our 360IBL in the mid-upper 30's

How did you do on your trade?
Old 02-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
How did you do on your trade?
I thought we did well... we had a Cruise Lite 281BHXL and I felt got very fair money for it. I probably lost $1,000 over selling it myself, but I didn't have to deal with the hastle.

Tags
5th wheel, coachmen, wheel