Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #1

Coachmen Apex 300bhs

We have ordered a Coachmen Apex 300bhs and we are thrilled. First post on here and this will be our first RV / TT.
Has anyone got any experience with this unit or similar units?
Anything I should be on the lookout for pre delivery or at PDI?
They told us about 6 weeks to be built (that was 1 week ago at the RV show). Both the dealer and the Coachmen rep told me this separately. Anyone got experience with that? Are they usually on time? My buddy told me that he was told 6 weeks but it took almost 5 months.
Our was ordered with the 50th anniversary package (now called the Summit package), frameless windows and I opted for the 15k AC since it is so big.
Can't wait for it to get here!
Heavy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #2

Congrats on your new unit and welcome from Florida!!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your Coachmen Apex 300bhs. Just an FYI, besides build time you've got to figure delivery time into the equation. Right now there's lots of orders being built and limited number of transport drivers.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #4

Thanks for the welcomes. Yeah, I figured it will be another 2-3 weeks for delivery. I bet, since I am up in Canada, the will sit on them until they have a bunch to send at once.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:43 AM   #5

Congrats on your Apex! We've had no issues whatsoever with our Apex 288bhs, and hope that you're as fortunate. Only little mystery was our water heater location ... yea, under the bunk and a little hard to access. Several threads on these forums with notes and mods for Apex.

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #6

Thanks Bunkhouse. Glad your rig is trouble free. I am hopeful for the same. I am not good at waiting. Wish it was here.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #7

Hi. We have an Apex18bh. We love it. The only issue is that when they brought it up to Ontario last year in Feb I'm sure it came through sand and salt. We cleaned off the undersides and before we stored it for the winter we painted all the exposed frame with tremclad. We do have it in heated indoor storage for the winter. Good solid trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #8

Hi all. Just an update. It has arrived. Picked it up last weekend. Stocked it and cleaned it. Taking it out for a trip this weekend.
It was bang on time, dealer was great, everything was as ordered and so far it is just a 35' lump of pure awesome!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #9

Glad to hear it's going just right for you, hope you have a great first trip. Post some pics when you get out there!

2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Old 07-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #10

so hows it holding up? I'm looking at this plan but have had several dealers tell me they stopped carrying the Apex line due to to many issues with quality. now I'm a little concerned
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #11

I have a 2014 288BHS and we can't say enough good about it. Knock on wood not one thing has gone wrong with it from a manufacturing stand point. We were looking through some trailers today from another brand and we thought that there quality was poor compared to our trailer.

Main thing is get the floor plan that works for you and the family. Because every trailer will have its issues. Don't sweat the little things. Try and learn to fix them on your own like we have as we go. It will help you down the road.

Just enjoy the camping my two cents worth. But I'm Canadian. So in US dollars I think I owe you. Hahaha

Happy camping
burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #12

We bought the 279RLS based on layout we saw at the RV show in Feb. Ordered it to get the full fold out bed for grandkids and guests. Took about 8 weeks. Did a 2+ hour PDI. Took it home after they installed the WDH and sway bar. Checked it out in the driveway and found a leak at the city water inlet. Dealer fixed it the next day. Two good trips in the NC mountains and we love it. I see a warranty issue under the slide that I will address before warranty runs out as other issues may surface.

That dealer that says they dropped the Apex line may have lost the distribution rights and now is pushing another brand. RV quality is hit and miss...the mfger's of RV don't have the same quality protocols as automotive...but with the boomers hitting retirement and diving into rv's, that may push the industry to continuous improvement at an accelerated rate. In the meantime don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy the adventure.
martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #13

X2, Burch. Our Apex 228bhs has been very reliable. We're busy getting it set up at our permanent site right now.

2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #14

well my closet Apex dealer is 2 hrs away and I'm not sure my local dealer will work on it. I have a Springdale now I bought used and like it but we are out growing it. Its a rear lounge plan and I need more room. I like the layout and weight of the 300 bhs since I have a 1/2 ton truck.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #15

Cableguy you will want to call your local Coachmen dealer and ask if they can do warranty work on a unit bought from another dealer. It's up to them. Some of them won't do any warranty work on units they did not sell. I bought my TT new about 100 miles away. A closer Coachmen dealer is 20 miles away. I've only had one warranty item, but I lucked out and they were willing to do it.

When buying some distance from home you just have to do the math on if you are saving ENOUGH to make it worth either driving it all the way back for major issues, or paying out of pocket for a local shop to do the work.
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #16

Local rv place isn't a coachmen dealer. The closet Coachmen dealer is 2 hrs away.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #17

and its 3000.00 cheaper in Ohio which is 8 hrs away...
Old 11-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #18

Sorry for the super late reply cable guy but 8 months later, 6 trips for 25 total nights we have had nothing but minor issues that the dealer fixed very quick.
Can't say enough good at this point. We are loving it.

Tags
coachmen