Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #1

Coachmen Brand

I was wondering if the Coachmen Brand will be no longer made . Forest River does not list them on their Brand Names or Dealer Locater ? I have a new 2013 Freedom Express 192 RBS overall nice TT . Alot of Quality control issues , adjust door catches , trim staples missing (ran out started back wrong spot) , inner skylight unglued , bathroom door latch trim not glued , screen door hits latch , un puttied staples cieling and trim , Slider trim slipped down after they glued it and it was screwed in that position , vanity base inside back screwed in crooked , all of which I fixed myself. The main thing I found is CHECK YOUR VALVE STEMS !!!! All 4 of mine were cheep imports with serious cracks at the base , Forest River said they will reimburse me , My time and labor to remove and replace wheels .
TEMPEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMPEST View Post
I was wondering if the Coachmen Brand will be no longer made . Forest River does not list them on their Brand Names or Dealer Locater ?

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure where you're looking. Coachmen isn't listed within the Forest River division but a separate division like Dynamax, Prime Time, Palomino and Shasta. Here's a link...
Recreational Vehicles | Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheel, Tent Campers

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #3

I have had two issues with mine, dealer did a fine job with them.
A warped Pantry door, inside panel near stove missing staples.
I have no idea if the Coachmen Branding will go after 2014but it is here for next year.

I have Akuret brand tires on some unknown alloy wheel with black rubber valve stems.

I have put about 400 miles on the trailer @ 65-70 MPH with no problems.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Site Team

as Dave said, Coachmen and the others he listed, are not original FR brands but acquisitions during the recent economical recession, when many RV companies went under. FR chose to acquire them.

so they are listed under the FR umbrella but not as a FR specific brand.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Incheon, S. Korea

The organization chart for Forest River would be interesting to look at. Quite convoluted I bet!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #6

New Coachmen Fresh Water Fill / No Quality Control

I was de-winterizing the coachmen 192 RBS we bought in October ,using the bleach and water to sanitize the fresh water tank.When I went to pour it in the tank it came out all over me and the driveway.I took a look inside the fill and much to my supprise the pipe was running up at a 45 degree angle and there is no way at all you would ever be able to fill this thing. I had to remove the 3 screws holding the assembly and take a giant screwdriver to the foam insulation gobbed around the hose at the floor penitration and cut 3" of hose off to fix it (pita).
Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #7

Just d-winterized or new 320 bhds. First night out I seen water dripping from the back of Tt by the kitchen. While my son was takn a shower I heard water splashing from the pump area in back bedroom. After removing this access door I found water pouring from the pump. The dealer said its been an ongoing problem!! I replaced it with a sure flow. What a mess. Also had a rip in the kitchen slide out on the roof. Shower, both front storage hatches need to be resealed. Ripped and buckled carpet in several spots. Surface rust all over the frame. Several outlets have fallen out. So when we return from our trip it will be back to general rv again. Very disappointed!!!!
Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
daydreaming about camping

our pump on our 320 did the same thing. dealer asked about winterization and I informed him it is stored in a cave, never frozen. Hoping the replacement pump does not have this problem.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #9

Pump Problem

When I installed a 3 way winterizing kit on my pump the plastic site glass fitting was split and leaking water so I removed it alltogether. Hooked house water up everything seams ok with no leaks , i did do a hand tighten test on all p-traps before de-winterizing.I also installed an inline surge protector on the main power , it was easy on my TT as it had a junction box under the couch slider . Hopefully no more problems though , I told my wife if someone were to purchase a new one in retirement without any skills it would have to go back to a dealer - wait for FR to approve the fix and parts cost - then be without it for months !

Tags
coachmen