Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #1

Coachmen Catalina 263 RLS

Our Gulf Stream Innsbruck was stolen and we are looking to replace it with a 2019 263 RLS Coachman model. Any one own this model? Any problems?
dianeotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #2

We have a 2017 263 rls purchased brand new and we love it. There was a lot of cosmetic stuff that needed attention at first. Excess Putty all over the nail holes in the walls. They never caulked where the shower glass meets the walls so the first shower spilled water all over the bathroom floor. Side panels on bed not nailed on. Pipe chase holes were left wide open making potential entry points for mice. We closed those up with expanding foam. Metal shavings and saw dust everywhere on the floors and in the vents and cabinets. A bed support was cut 3” too short so they just used a four inch screw to fasten it to the supporting wall. The exterior caulking around windows etc appears to have been done by a master craftsman on one side of the trailer and a rookie on the other. LOTS of cracks in the dicor sealant around roof appliances. Don’t wait too long to check your roof. We made corrections ourselves otherwise it probably would have spent its first season in the shop. Now that we’ve done all that, it’s been great! Happy camping!
Kleek62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #3

Yikes! I’m not handy at all. That sounds an incredible amount of repairs for a new TT. It sounds like the quality of the Coachman trailers aren’t what I expected. We didn’t have any of those issues with the Gulf Stream.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
SRN

Purchased new 2017 Coachmen Catalina 243RBS in October 2016 after owning smaller model Catalina previous two years. Very happy with both units. After two summers of camping with the 243RBS, only repair I've had to do is replace the screw holding the end of the awning in the track. Camping friends all comment on the quality. I will definitely look at another Coachmen when it's time.
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:30 AM   #5

Whew! Sounds like you had much better luck. I guess we will just be very careful with our inspection before taking delivery
Old 10-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
Can you run 3800 fps?

We have a Coachmen 2017 263RLS and Love it! A few minor problems the dealer fixed, but it is perfect for the two of us. This weekend is out last outing here in Northeast Ohio. Heading for Findlay State Park, one of our favorites.
We use an Equalizer 4 point sway control weight distribution hitch, and I tow her, (we call her Priscilla) with a 2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel. In the Summer the Air Conditioner is a little louder than I would like, and I'm a pretty big guy, so shaving in the bathroom sink is a chore. The shower is big enough for me, though. We got the Fold out Sofa Sleeper that is a queen size bed instead of the Jack Knife sofa, in case we have guests. This will be the end of out second season with her, and we are very pleased with the look of the rig, and the functionality. Enjoy your new home away from home!
SniperDroid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeotte View Post
Yikes! I’m not handy at all. That sounds an incredible amount of repairs for a new TT. It sounds like the quality of the Coachman trailers aren’t what I expected. We didn’t have any of those issues with the Gulf Stream.
You will find most units in this price point will be far from perfect in initial quality. I have a 283 RKS Catalina which had a few cosmetic items to deal with along with roof caulking needing touching up and some sloppy caulk on sides as mentioned. I think the sawdust and metal shavings are standard equipment lol. But nothing that needed me to haul it back to a dealer for. I find its easier and less expensive to just fix the small stuff myself.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, catalina