Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #1

Coachmen Clipper 21 BHS or Viking 21BH

Hi! I'm looking for our first vr for our little familly!
Which one is the best? Clipper 21 BHS or Viking 21BH? Or other suggestion?
Don't want to pay too much as it will be our first RV but don't want any problem!
Thanks for your help!
mel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

Clipper and Viking are identical except for the name and interior color scheme. They label them differently in order to provide dealers exclusivity in the lines. (2 dealers close to each other can’t both carry Clipper but one can carry Clipper and one can carry Viking).
A BHS, however, will have a slide where a BH will not, so whether you want that or not should make your decision. Keep in mind that the slide adds weight, too, so make sure your tow vehicle can handle it if you go that way. Don’t trust the dealer, read up or ask here
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #3

I had a 2014 Viking 21BH for 3 years and loved it. Especially appreciated the "bike door" and storage. Bunk beds were great for the grandkids. Recommend either model highly, though I have come to appreciate the extra space provided by the slide on my new Mini Lite. (Moved up to a larger 25' rig with slide when I retired and started using the trailer summer seasons in the northeast and winter season in Florida). Note that the slide makes the trailer too wide for some preferred sites in some state parks (for example, Cape Henlopen State Park, DE).
Hillel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen