Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #1

Coachmen Clipper Owners A Reminder

Please check your roof and I mean really check it.I have a 2016 fb and I take good care of it but found a water problem in my roof already.I noticed a soft small circle in the front left corner when washing the roof.I always worry about the roof so I was surprised.It looks great the sealant looks good around vents etc,inside all good and tight.Naturally your dealer will tell you the roof is warranted for 10 or 12 years but you have to check seals every 90 days.I store this at home check all year but was so worried about seals and front and back caps that I missed an area on the front right that had a gap between the roof and gutter.It could have developed from towing or ice and cold weather.I had no inside damage so I have resealed with alpha flex caulk and put eternabond on the front and back caps.Just want to keep someone from getting the panic and sick feeling I got initially.When I have this parked it is off level side to side a little and I am sure the water ran over to the other corner.So the leak isn't always where it's soft either.Just glad I found it when waterproofing because I had a hard time finding it until taping.

Tags
coachmen