Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #1

coachmen freedom ex 281rlds

hi everyone about to purchase a new 281rlds does anyone have any comments or tips on this travel trailer. this will be my first new one second overall. quality looked pretty good as far as i could see , just want to know what are your thoughts on this camper thanks in advance
hondarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #2

We bought a 233RBS in May and love it. Other than installing towel and toilet paper holders and adding a memory foam mattress to the queen bed, we haven't modified ours much.

When you pick it up and do the PDI, make sure the dealer has every system running and check to see that every system works as it should. Once you get it home, I'd check all the drain connections. Our kitchen sink leaked on our second trip out. I suspect it wasn't tightened at the factory adequately and it worked loose during transit.

I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of the trailer. Enjoy yours!
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the tips i was wondering about tp and pt holders how did you install them? I dont really want to put holes in walls but need to put them somewhere. I too ordered a memory foam mattress as the camper's is crap!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #4

Towel rack for the hand towel and the TP rack I just screwed them into the wall with short screws. No biggie for me. They will hold fine as a rack, not as a hand rail. For bath towels, we got a rack that hangs on the bathroom door. Screwed it to the top of the door so it would not slide around and put some weather stripping on the bottom so it wouldn't scratch the door. The kitchen hand towel, we just hang on the stove handle. Paper towel rack is a free standing one that goes under the sink.

Our trailer had brushed chrome finishes so we got those kind of racks at Wallyworld. The trailer came with some polished chrome ones that we quickly tossed.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #5

Bought our 2013 281RLDS last year am very satisfied with it. The only complaints I had is a couple of the plumbing connections had to be re-tightened because they were leaking. The shower hose connection and the drain connection under the kitchen sink both were leaking. The keys were also really hard to work until the locks loosened up. Couldn' t figure out were the button was to lower the front electric stabilizers. It's is in the front left cargo compartment on the back wall. The rear stabilizer button is on the control panel with the rest of the buttons. Other than that I have no complaints. Hope you enjoy yours
harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #6

Glad to hear you like yours, cant seem to find to much feedback on this model. We are kinda nervous but really like the floorplan and colors and build quality seems to be pretty good. Do you have any tips for us besides the water connections? I will check them right away. How does it pull and have you done any mods thanks again.

Tags
coachmen