Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #91

Have a 2012 296reds an love it nothing bad to say about it few minor issues but all have been fixed to my satisfaction good luck!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandr96 View Post
Thanks steelshark, sledhead, and pwrplay. I did end up taking it back to the dealer again for issue with the screen door. Other then that, no major problems. What were some of the issues you had sledhead?
Skylight over dinette leaked and got cushions soaked also causing water to leak through wall sconce light (not good!), big window by dinette leaks, window by kitchen sink leaks, bad outdoor speaker and entry handle grip is cracked/ripped. Also screen door doesn't close tight but that is just an adjustment issue. Other then that we love our 292!

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #93

We put a deposit down on the 292BHDS this morning. We're not picking it up until the end of July but we're looking forward to it.

We're totally new to this but have talked about doing it for years so we finally did.

I'm a little nervous about towing a 30ft trailer.

We'll be driving a 2011 Avalanche with an 8100 ibs capacity so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm also upgrading the 20" tires and installing OEM camper mirrors. That way I'll be ready to pick it up.

Anybody have any other advice I should consider?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
We put a deposit down on the 292BHDS this morning. We're not picking it up until the end of July but we're looking forward to it.

We're totally new to this but have talked about doing it for years so we finally did.

We'll be driving a 2011 Avalanche with an 8100 ibs capacity so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm also upgrading the 20" tires and installing OEM camper mirrors. That way I'll be ready to pick it up.

Congrats on your almost new purchase! It really is an awesome coach! Yeah ours has some issues but hopefully dealer will have them resolved under warranty ASAP. Your Avy should have no problem towing it. I have a 2001 Sierra 1500 ext. cab that pulls it OK. Long inclines and high winds are a challenge, however!

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #95

Quote:

Congrats on the trailer. You will love it.
One thing to keep in mind is the cargo capacity of the truck, particularly the rear axle. 30 ft TT's eat up 1/2 tons' cargo capacity pretty quick with the tongue weight once the trailer is loaded up ready to camp. Just be mindful of the weight you are loading in the truck and that includes passengers.

We usually have 2 adults, 2 kids and a 75lbs German Shepard in the truck, plus a couple of small kids bikes in the bed, so I carry all other cargo in the trailer, so as to keep the truck cargo weight down.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #96

Quote:

Great to see you made the choice to pickup a new coach. You will love it and make some great memories. Biggest advice I can give you id to do camp driveway before going far and to spend the extra time to get your hitch right. It will make all the difference.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #97

I'd like to try it out at home but we'll be picking it up in Fredericton, NB. That means we'll take it 1200 km before getting home. Hopefully the trip will be routine.
FamilyTruckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Congrats on the trailer. You will love it.
One thing to keep in mind is the cargo capacity of the truck, particularly the rear axle. 30 ft TT's eat up 1/2 tons' cargo capacity pretty quick with the tongue weight once the trailer is loaded up ready to camp. Just be mindful of the weight you are loading in the truck and that includes passengers.

We usually have 2 adults, 2 kids and a 75lbs German Shepard in the truck, plus a couple of small kids bikes in the bed, so I carry all other cargo in the trailer, so as to keep the truck cargo weight down.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to keep that in mind. Our next truck will be a 2500 for sure.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #99

Any update on the owners that had issues with their coach?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #100

After doing some additional research, I realized that my trucks payload will be just about maxed out so I'll have to put any additional cargo in the trailer. However, I am adding load range e tires to the truck so that will help a little handling the payload.

My payload is only 1266, With the hitch weight at over 700 ibs , that don't leave any room for much else with the 4 of us in the truck.

Would air bags help with my payload?