Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #111

Hey, do you guys have a radio antenna sticking up on the roof of your Freedom Express? I had an older, smaller F.E. and it did have an antenna sticking up on top. The 292BH that I just got did not.

Also, is it normal for the fan on the electric panel to always run whenever the lights are on? When I have more then half the lights on the fan seems to kick into overdrive. The fan never shut off if the lights are on.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #112

As for the radio antenna, it is combined with the tv antenna. Just raise it through the lever on the ceiling as you come into the door for best reception.

The fan in the electric panel keeps airflow so it does not get too hot. The more power you draw the more the fan will run. remember, the lights are 12v so the panel is used to step down the voltage which creates heat. This is normal.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #113

I have a separate radio antenna next to tv antenna. I did not know it was there originally do to the fact it was laying down flat. I adjusted so it is up now.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
I have a separate radio antenna next to tv antenna. I did not know it was there originally do to the fact it was laying down flat. I adjusted so it is up now.
Hmm, I'll have to take a look at that when I get mine back from service. I did not notice an antenna up there besides the T.V.

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #115

Shoot, I will have to look also. I was told the antenna was there. I just assumed it was the same one.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #116

My FM antenna is there right beside the TV antenna.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandr96 View Post
Hey, do you guys have a radio antenna sticking up on the roof of your Freedom Express? I had an older, smaller F.E. and it did have an antenna sticking up on top. The 292BH that I just got did not.

Also, is it normal for the fan on the electric panel to always run whenever the lights are on? When I have more then half the lights on the fan seems to kick into overdrive. The fan never shut off if the lights are on.
Yes, separate radio antenna. Our dealer (General RV) made it so it was straight up so we get good reception. I was concerned we would hit it and he said that it was spring loaded and would be ok.

As far as the inverter goes, yes that is normal. The more load that the inverter has to invert 120 VAC to 12 VDC, the harder (hotter) it has to work and therefore the fan kicking in. On one of my coaches, I figured out how many lights I could have on before the fan came on. I don't remember, but I think it was like (4) or something.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #118

I have the separate antenna sticking up as well. Haven't been on the forum for a while and wanted to follow up on my air conditioner. Sent it in to the dealer and they discovered that it is totally broken. Brand new camper and no AC. I can not believe they did not discover this when they tested everything. Hard to believe that they actually tested all the components. Lesson learned on my part to test everything. Anyone else having a problem with their AC?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #119

Only problem with mine is that it sometimes freezes me out. Not really a problem. Make sure they have a 15k unit on there if it did not have one in the first place. If not, I would recommend paying the difference if you can.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #120

I checked the top of my RV for the radio antenna and the mount is there but no antenna. I'll have to call the dealer again and have it added to the list of parts they are ordering to fix my door.

Thanks everyone for checking!

Has anyone checked into replacing their interior lights with LEDs? I've been told it will make it much cooler on the inside and keep the inverter from working so hard.