Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
As far as the inverter goes, yes that is normal. The more load that the inverter has to invert 120 VAC to 12 VDC, the harder (hotter) it has to work and therefore the fan kicking in. On one of my coaches, I figured out how many lights I could have on before the fan came on. I don't remember, but I think it was like (4) or something.
Just checked in the 292bhds, 3 lights = fan off, 4 lights = fan on.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandr96 View Post
I checked the top of my RV for the radio antenna and the mount is there but no antenna. I'll have to call the dealer again and have it added to the list of parts they are ordering to fix my door.

Thanks everyone for checking!

Has anyone checked into replacing their interior lights with LEDs? I've been told it will make it much cooler on the inside and keep the inverter from working so hard.
I too crawled up there to check out the antenna and skylight. Antenna was laying down but LOOSE! They never put the screw in to hold it to the mount! Not sure how I did not loose it. Wonder if that was the case with yours, it was there but not screwed in place.

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #123

Has anyone replaced their mattress yet. If so will a regular size queen fit, I know they sold with and RV queen short mattress that has the softness of plywood.

I have a little room between the foot of the mattress and the sliding doors, but was wondering if a regular mattress will fit. Might be a small price to pay and a great upgrade.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #124

Just picked up my 2013 292 BHDS on friday and had them swap out the new mattress with our full queen from our trade-in. It is very tight and If you plan on using the sliding doors a lot, I wouldn't recommend it. I plan to pull the doors and rig curtains for privacy.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #125

Yellow Jacket, do the doors still slide just rubbing against mattress or if doors are used a lot they mess up the doors? I would like to use the doors more often than not but in a bunkhouse trailer (3 kids)... well you know...I might just have to get one custom made, I like my sliding doors.....
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
Yellow Jacket, do the doors still slide just rubbing against mattress or if doors are used a lot they mess up the doors? I would like to use the doors more often than not but in a bunkhouse trailer (3 kids)... well you know...I might just have to get one custom made, I like my sliding doors.....
You can get a custom memory foam mattress made just a little shorter then queen but bigger then what you have now.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #127

I may have to look into this custom mattress thing. So the memory foam mattress is not just a topper but a whole different mattress altogether, correct? I also find that my feet stick off the end of our current mattress as I am 6'3".

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #128

The doors will slide with some effort, but I think they will show rub marks after a while.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #129

Rockymountainmattress will make it. Also search on Craigslist for RV mattress in your local area. Some companies advertise there for custom mattresses (not toppers).
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #130

We bought a queen size memory foam topper from Coastco. Even though it is a little bit longer then the RV mattress, it works just fine, and the doors still slide. The nice thing is we can then use it on our guest room queen bed (in our house) in the winter while the RV is in storage.