Old 07-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #131

We've had our 2013 292BHDS Liberty Addition since May and we love it. We moved up from a Roo 23B which was a great rig, but the kids are getting bigger and we needed the space.

We have had issues that I wanted to make sure folks know about.

When we had only zone B speakers on, we could also hear whatever was being played thru a single zone A speaker. I found two wires switched in the harness plug on the back of the stereo. I switched them out and no more feedback thru zone A.

Next, I recieved very few air channels from the TV antenna. I changed out the antenna head to a stronger model. Still no luck. Based on my crossed wire experience with the stereo, I decided to pull the booster switch plate out and verify it was working. Doing so, I found that the "antenna in" wire was actually a wall jack wire and the antenna wire was hooked up to an "out" jack on the booster. Switched them out, ran the auto program and picked up 50 channels.

I found the biggest problem this past week while camping for 9 days. First, the black and grey valve labels are switched around. "liquid waste" is labeling the 4" pipe and "body waste" is labeling the 1.5" pipe. So I'll have to switch those around. Then, While monitoring my tanks over our trip the grey tank filled first. Not a surprise with the outside kitchen and a smaller tank, so I emptied the 1.5" valve and associated tank. Went to verify the monitor and found the black tank was showing empty....hmmm. I decided to visibly check the black tank via the toilet and found it was actually full. As it turns out the black and grey tank wires were switched on the back of the control panel. Switched them out and now they read correctly. Thankfully I caught this before there was a big mess.

I've contacted Forest River, more as a courtesy to them so they can fix the issues.

We still love the rig, it fits our family needs perfectly. Just wondering what I'll come across next.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmarzolf View Post
We've had our 2013 292BHDS Liberty Addition since May and we love it. We moved up from a Roo 23B which was a great rig, but the kids are getting bigger and we needed the space.

We have had issues that I wanted to make sure folks know about.

When we had only zone B speakers on, we could also hear whatever was being played thru a single zone A speaker. I found two wires switched in the harness plug on the back of the stereo. I switched them out and no more feedback thru zone A.

Next, I recieved very few air channels from the TV antenna. I changed out the antenna head to a stronger model. Still no luck. Based on my crossed wire experience with the stereo, I decided to pull the booster switch plate out and verify it was working. Doing so, I found that the "antenna in" wire was actually a wall jack wire and the antenna wire was hooked up to an "out" jack on the booster. Switched them out, ran the auto program and picked up 50 channels.

I found the biggest problem this past week while camping for 9 days. First, the black and grey valve labels are switched around. "liquid waste" is labeling the 4" pipe and "body waste" is labeling the 1.5" pipe. So I'll have to switch those around. Then, While monitoring my tanks over our trip the grey tank filled first. Not a surprise with the outside kitchen and a smaller tank, so I emptied the 1.5" valve and associated tank. Went to verify the monitor and found the black tank was showing empty....hmmm. I decided to visibly check the black tank via the toilet and found it was actually full. As it turns out the black and grey tank wires were switched on the back of the control panel. Switched them out and now they read correctly. Thankfully I caught this before there was a big mess.

I've contacted Forest River, more as a courtesy to them so they can fix the issues.

We still love the rig, it fits our family needs perfectly. Just wondering what I'll come across next.
Thanks for the input. I just got a Coachmen FE 230BH and was noticing the same issue with my speakers (inside and out). I'll look at the TV and tanks this weekend!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #133

If I could hijack this awesome thread. I too have a 292bhds, 2012 model. My question is around flushing out the black tank. Apparently this model does not have a black tank flush on the outside of the trailer. How do y'all flush out the black tank?? Am I missing something??

Also, what awning tie downs do y'all recommend? Seems even with the slightest breeze my awning jumps up and down.

We got ours in July of 2012 and love it so far. Had a couple issues. One of which the bracket holding the strut on the outdoor BBQ separated from the door itself. Anyone else have this issue with their BBQ door??

Thank you.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #134

The Liberty or Maple Leaf edition had the flushing system. You can do it one of two ways that I know of if you do not have a flushing system in. You can get one installed, or go with things like this:
Flush King - Valterra FK-01 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
RV Hydro Flush - Product - Camping World
Flexible Tank Wand - Valterra A01-0187VP - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #135

Thank you very much for your reply, stellshark2!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #136

My '12 292BHDS outdoor kitchen door bracket also ripped out of the door. Screws seem too small to handle strut pressure. I drill out holes in door (being careful not to go thru outer shell) and inserted sheet rock anchor with larger screws. Very secure now. Also learned that its better to pull door back down from center than from either side.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #137

Thank you ehull !!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #138

I glad I found this site and also this particular thread!!!

I put an order in for a 320BHDS in mid-February, but received some very good advice on this site and we have since cancelled our order. I was agonizing (for last 3 weeks) over what TT to pull behind my Armada, but didn’t want to settle on a lesser quality unit to get a lower weight.

I started over and after another week + of research for a BH TT (under 6500 lbs) and looking at another 10 + models, we settled on the 292BHDSLE today and then I read through all 14 pages of this thread and I feel like a weight has been lifted from my chest.

I am now confident my Armada will be able to pull the 292 safely and responsibly.

Now I just need my dealer to get me a price near $24k and then we can get the party started. My wife and kids are soooo excited. My wife and I have been talking about buying a TT for years!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #139

We are also glad we found this forum! We just purchased a 292bhs and will be pulling it with a 2010 Ford Expedition with towing package. The expedition did very well pulling the TT in the test drive and we were sold! Looking forward to camping this year! Thanks to everyone's input it has helped us alot!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #140
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillbr View Post
We are also glad we found this forum! We just purchased a 292bhs and will be pulling it with a 2010 Ford Expedition with towing package. The expedition did very well pulling the TT in the test drive and we were sold! Looking forward to camping this year! Thanks to everyone's input it has helped us alot!
Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on the tt!

This is a great forum with lots of great people.

Good luck and have fun!

Turbs