Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #21

If you are interested in a standard edition 292bhds, I would look at this:
New 2012 Coachmen RV Freedom Express 292BHDS TT! SAVE!! New 2012 Coachmen RV Freedom Express 292BHDS TT! SAVE!! | eBay

I bought my trailer from the General RV in Jacksonville with a great experience. For this price, it may be worth a delivery charge.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #22

292bhds

I appreciate all the comments to this thread which actually help my decision on a 2012 Coachmen 292bhds Liberty Ed. I am trading my my 2007 Wildwood LA 312BHDS as this one was too heavy for my F150. I pick up the new coach on Saturday. I have been RVing for years and this will be my 4th TT, (1st jayco jayflight, 2nd Tundra bunkhouse, 3rd Supernova 6400 (Super C, Super Expensive), 4th Wildwood LA, and now this one)

I will be towing this with either my F150 Screw 2wd 5.4 or my Expedition EL 5.4 both with towing package and using the reese dual cam.

Any friendly advise on breaking in the new coach. One of my first project is trying to figure out a way to mount an extra tv in the master bedroom, as my wife sometimes goes to bed earlier than I do and would like to have the extra tv.

Has anyone with the swivel tv for both room done this mod yet? Other than that I will be putting a tv in the bunk house for the kids. Just FYI I picked this one up for about $24K with ttt (transfer fee from TN) out the door right at $25K if anybody is wondering. Looking forward to the new trailer smell again.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
I appreciate all the comments to this thread which actually help my decision on a 2012 Coachmen 292bhds Liberty Ed. I am trading my my 2007 Wildwood LA 312BHDS as this one was too heavy for my F150. I pick up the new coach on Saturday. I have been RVing for years and this will be my 4th TT, (1st jayco jayflight, 2nd Tundra bunkhouse, 3rd Supernova 6400 (Super C, Super Expensive), 4th Wildwood LA, and now this one)

I will be towing this with either my F150 Screw 2wd 5.4 or my Expedition EL 5.4 both with towing package and using the reese dual cam.

Any friendly advise on breaking in the new coach. One of my first project is trying to figure out a way to mount an extra tv in the master bedroom, as my wife sometimes goes to bed earlier than I do and would like to have the extra tv.

Has anyone with the swivel tv for both room done this mod yet? Other than that I will be putting a tv in the bunk house for the kids. Just FYI I picked this one up for about $24K with ttt (transfer fee from TN) out the door right at $25K if anybody is wondering. Looking forward to the new trailer smell again.
AWESOME, you made a great choice. As for the television, it does not look hard at all to put up a wall mount on the other side of the swivel. I do not remember where the power cord goes but that should not be to difficult either. I currently have a small flat screen for the bunk house that I put up and take down. I am thinking of fully mounting it in there also. Still thinking of exactly what I want to do. Do not forget to get some green propane cans for your outside grill. The only thing I did not like about the trailer is as with all trailers, a crappy mattress. Get a topper or new mattress (swap out of your other trailer if needed). When are you going to pick it up? Is the dealer close by?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #24

I pick it up Saturday. About 150 miles from the house. The local dealer did not have the quad bunks or the liberty package. And got this for a much better price.

I did not want the outdoor kitchen due to fact the fridge only works on shore power and would rather have the extra space inside. .

I was wondering when the doors for the bedroom are in the open position does it leave room for a tv mount on the back side of entertainment center or am I going to have to fabricate some angle brackets.

As far as the mattress I don't know of any Rv under the $100k price tag with a good mattress. the mattress that's in my current trailer is actually a true queen and not a short queen. I don't think it will fit but will measure when I get there.

Thanks for the feed back. Is there anything I should look for when I take delivery. I will get to dealership Friday night and will have all night to transfer gear and get familiar w coach before taking delivery on Saturday.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #25

Quote:
I pick it up Saturday. About 150 miles from the house. The local dealer did not have the quad bunks or the liberty package. And got this for a much better price.

I did not want the outdoor kitchen due to fact the fridge only works on shore power and would rather have the extra space inside. .

I was wondering when the doors for the bedroom are in the open position does it leave room for a tv mount on the back side of entertainment center or am I going to have to fabricate some angle brackets.

As far as the mattress I don't know of any Rv under the $100k price tag with a good mattress. the mattress that's in my current trailer is actually a true queen and not a short queen. I don't think it will fit but will measure when I get there.

Thanks for the feed back. Is there anything I should look for when I take delivery. I will get to dealership Friday night and will have all night to transfer gear and get familiar w coach before taking delivery on Saturday.
Just curious, have you ever seen the liberty edition in person? Beautiful trailer. Anyway, with the liberty edition, it has a 32" tv mounted on one side of the swivel. It should be no problem to mount one on the other side using the same kind of mounting system (ask the dealer to see if you can order a mounting kit) or look for a narrow mounting kit. As for anything to look for during delivery, I have had zero issues with my trailer so far. I went through it in and out looking for issues but my dealer did a great job on the setup. Since you have owned a few, there is nothing new that I can tell you. I hope your build quality is as good as mine.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #26

Thanks for the insight, I will keep you posted with delivery and mods. Looking forward to picking up the new trailer so I can get back to focusing on work. The dealership so far has been top notch, and I hope the delivery and paperwork goes as smooth as the rest has so far.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #27

Well, I am camping this weekend. I got a look at the doors with the flip tv. The doors open behind the wall (on the bedroom side). There is a gap between the 2 doors that may be big enough for a skinny mount that has a arm that will come out that the tv can go on. I hope it works out for you!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #28

We bought a 2011 292bhds last Spring. We love it, but have had quite a few things fixed by dealer while under warranty. The electric tongue jack quit working on 3rd trip. Toilet leaked. Outdoor speaker blew first time we used it. First time we used dinnette as a bed, screws started to come out of one of the wood supports. Delamination on outdoor kitchen door. I know it sounds like a lot; but we also had bought the model they had at a big RV show. They have fixed everything, with out question. We love the lay out! Only thing I miss is that our old trailer had many drawers, this has only one inside! Husband pulls it with a 1/2 ton truck with equalizer hitch. We are 10% under weight Recommendations from Chevy. No problems.
83480coachmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #29

I took delivery on Saturday and overall a very good dealer experience. Got there Friday night right at closing, they gave me code to the gate and was able to park my trade in door to door with the new coach.

Did not have all the inside storage as my old coach but what it lacked for inside it made up for on outside storage with the quad bunk set up which is one of the reasons I choose the quad bunks. All the "outside" stuff I had to store inside is now outside and was able to fit everything I needed inside. For example, all my folding chairs, outdoor lights, charcoal, tools, water, etc...I can now store outside.

Being able to "Camp" one night in the coach I was able to transfer all the gear, put it away, see what needed to be address before taking delivery. They had about 5 campsites where you could park coach to coach with water and power.

The only issues I had were the outside latches needed to be tweaked to close correctly, the main door needed to be adjusted as it was not closing right, and the TV was not working, they ended up swapping it out for a new one. The paperwork put only took 15 minutes as this was pretty much done before I got there.

Towing it back was a challenge, I had sustained winds at 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. It was not fun at all. I actually got better MPG towing my heavier trailer up there but I am suspecting the headwind had a lot to do with that.

I am going to work on mounting the two TVs this week, one in both bedrooms. Also a towel rack for the bathroom, mine did not have one in there are they suppose to come with one.

I am also curious, there is room for two house batteries but it only had one. Is it suppose to come with two batteries or one.

Other than that we will be going camping in a few weeks for the maiden voyage. In the meantime I am sure I will make quite a few trips to the storage facility to play with my new toy.

Lets keep this thread going with mods and other issues we need to look out for. I went ahead and applied for the extended warranty through Forest River, an extra year from $150, can't go wrong.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #30

By the way Shark, How was your maiden voyage with your new coach?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew
I took delivery on Saturday and overall a very good dealer experience. Got there Friday night right at closing, they gave me code to the gate and was able to park my trade in door to door with the new coach.

Did not have all the inside storage as my old coach but what it lacked for inside it made up for on outside storage with the quad bunk set up which is one of the reasons I choose the quad bunks. All the "outside" stuff I had to store inside is now outside and was able to fit everything I needed inside. For example, all my folding chairs, outdoor lights, charcoal, tools, water, etc...I can now store outside.

Being able to "Camp" one night in the coach I was able to transfer all the gear, put it away, see what needed to be address before taking delivery. They had about 5 campsites where you could park coach to coach with water and power.

The only issues I had were the outside latches needed to be tweaked to close correctly, the main door needed to be adjusted as it was not closing right, and the TV was not working, they ended up swapping it out for a new one. The paperwork put only took 15 minutes as this was pretty much done before I got there.

Towing it back was a challenge, I had sustained winds at 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. It was not fun at all. I actually got better MPG towing my heavier trailer up there but I am suspecting the headwind had a lot to do with that.

I am going to work on mounting the two TVs this week, one in both bedrooms. Also a towel rack for the bathroom, mine did not have one in there are they suppose to come with one.

I am also curious, there is room for two house batteries but it only had one. Is it suppose to come with two batteries or one.

Other than that we will be going camping in a few weeks for the maiden voyage. In the meantime I am sure I will make quite a few trips to the storage facility to play with my new toy.

Lets keep this thread going with mods and other issues we need to look out for. I went ahead and applied for the extended warranty through Forest River, an extra year from $150, can't go wrong.
Sounds like your really like your new trailer. Do most dealers allow you to camp in the trailer overnight before you take delivery? Also, did you contact forest river directly before you purchased to get the extended warranty? What was challenging about your ride home with the wind, a log of sway?
bmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #32

Quote:
By the way Shark, How was your maiden voyage with your new coach?
Everything went very well. I had a great time. I even got to go to Monster Jam. I finally found 2 very small issues. The power panel latch does not work. Also I need a small plastic stick for one of my blinds to open and shut it. If that is all I have to worry about, I think I am in real good shape. On Saturday late night, it poured down rain with good winds. I had ZERO leaks!

As for the towel rack, check all your drawers. Mine (towel rack and toilet paper holder) were in a kitchen drawer. They said they do not install them because people prefer it in different places. Also, you only get one battery with the trailer. If you do not plan on going off the grid, it is probably all you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crooked River2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	10755  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #33

BMCGEE, I can't answer if a lot of dealers let you stay the night before you take delivery, I know there was another couple staying on Saturday night at the dealership but I think they already took delivery that morning.

As far as contacting forest river about the extended warranty, I asked the dealership about it and they agree it the worth the $150 dollars, I found a form on this forum for the paperwork to complete, at the very bottom, it said original new owner only and must be received within 10 days of delivery. I sent it via usps signed receipt with a check. I figure worse case scenario they will say no and send it back. I will keep you posted with the progress on that.

As far as the ride home, the wind was insane as a cold front was moving through. It was not exactly sway, but just blowing me all over the road. The trailer being over 30 feet long has a lot of area to catch wind, (Especially cross winds). The trailer did sway a little but corrected quickly, a lot different handling characteristics than my trade in. I will have to tow again to find out how the much better it handles as it was kind of an unfair comparison since I had no winds on the way there. Just driving in 25-30 mph you can feel it, let alone towing a trailer.

Shark: I am glad you had a good maiden voyage, I noticed one of the plastic sticks for the blinds in the back bunk area was laying on the bunk, pretty sure it just came loose from the dealership transferring the unit from TN. Toilet paper holder was already installed but I did not find the towel bar. I am not to concerned as we have some heated towel bars from my trade in which I took out before I let it go. I also had them screw down the battery box to the rack with some self tapping screws just to be safe.

What were you refering to when you said the "power panel latch does not work".
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #34

Quote:
BMCGEE, I can't answer if a lot of dealers let you stay the night before you take delivery, I know there was another couple staying on Saturday night at the dealership but I think they already took delivery that morning.

As far as contacting forest river about the extended warranty, I asked the dealership about it and they agree it the worth the $150 dollars, I found a form on this forum for the paperwork to complete, at the very bottom, it said original new owner only and must be received within 10 days of delivery. I sent it via usps signed receipt with a check. I figure worse case scenario they will say no and send it back. I will keep you posted with the progress on that.

As far as the ride home, the wind was insane as a cold front was moving through. It was not exactly sway, but just blowing me all over the road. The trailer being over 30 feet long has a lot of area to catch wind, (Especially cross winds). The trailer did sway a little but corrected quickly, a lot different handling characteristics than my trade in. I will have to tow again to find out how the much better it handles as it was kind of an unfair comparison since I had no winds on the way there. Just driving in 25-30 mph you can feel it, let alone towing a trailer.

Shark: I am glad you had a good maiden voyage, I noticed one of the plastic sticks for the blinds in the back bunk area was laying on the bunk, pretty sure it just came loose from the dealership transferring the unit from TN. Toilet paper holder was already installed but I did not find the towel bar. I am not to concerned as we have some heated towel bars from my trade in which I took out before I let it go. I also had them screw down the battery box to the rack with some self tapping screws just to be safe.

What were you refering to when you said the "power panel latch does not work".
The power box that has the fuses and circuit breakers by the door. It did not stay shut until I rigged it. The mechanism that holds it shut is broken.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2
The power box that has the fuses and circuit breakers by the door. It did not stay shut until I rigged it. The mechanism that holds it shut is broken.
Shark,

Looking at finally buying the coachmen liberty edition. Was wondering what type of hitch setup you have on your Armada. I've been looking at the propride p3 hitch and I'm reluctant on the cost of this hitch compared to a Reese inline cam setup, but the review n this hitch have all been really good.
bmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #36

I just have a standard Curt weight distribution hitch with dual friction sway control. It works fine for me. The Reese would be an upgrade from what I even have. I just do not mind moving getting out to remove them before backing.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #37

I use the Reese dual cam, seems to work fine, towing with ford f150.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-499948366.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	10821  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #38

Quote:
I use the Reese dual cam, seems to work fine, towing with ford f150.
Nice!!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #39

I am surprised there are not more out here with this outstanding trailer. I have yet to find a make and model with a like floorplan and the amenities at this price point.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #40

Up until 2008 or 2009 coachmen was kind of known as an entry level model. When forest river took over it seems as the build quality has definitely improved. I think most people don't realize this is not the coachmen it used to be.