Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #201

Outside fridge

Anyone having problems with the fridge in the outside kitchen? Mine quit getting cold, it runs, but only barely cools now? I checked everything with no luck...

Thanks,
Jeremy

Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #202

Did you turn the temp to full cold? Otherwise, it might need to be replaced. It should be cool within a couple of hours.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #203

Yeah, I have tried everything... Turned it off and let it sit for days, turned it back on, no luck. Turned it down, no luck, full cold, again no luck... It is running, just not cold...
Old 08-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg210302 View Post
Yeah, I have tried everything... Turned it off and let it sit for days, turned it back on, no luck. Turned it down, no luck, full cold, again no luck... It is running, just not cold...
Yeah, take it in if you are still under warranty. If not, I would look for a aftermarket fridge.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #205

The metal rod that connects the HD antenna on the roof to the crank inside the camper snapped off.

It's going to take me a little over an hour to hook up my camper and get it to my closest coachman dealer.

It will take me 45 minutes to get home and I have to repeat that once they fix it.

Is there an easy way to fix this myself?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #206

Homemade User Manual!

We purchased a 2013 292 in Apr. As we did a walk around with the service tech, I took a few pics with my phone and took detailed notes on a few issues ie. what is the first thing to do if your power jack stops working, where is the fitting for the manual crank for the slide, why are there two drain values at the rear of the trl, etc.

I finally got around to putting the two of them together in a word doc and have attached it to this post. I hope this can be of use to some others out there, or you may want to improve on it.

Up next will be a winterizing video/word doc!
Attached Files
File Type: docx Freedom.Express.Info.1.docx (907.6 KB, 145 views)
Old 09-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #207

Does anyone know how to hook up directv satellite to this coach?? I know I need to buy the tripod dish and additional receiver.

Thoughts?? Is it as simple as connecting the dish to the cable hookup outside then just connecting the receiver to the cable piece by the TV then the box to the TV?? Any ideas on how and where to mont the box?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Well, I am camping this weekend. I got a look at the doors with the flip tv. The doors open behind the wall (on the bedroom side). There is a gap between the 2 doors that may be big enough for a skinny mount that has a arm that will come out that the tv can go on. I hope it works out for you!
Just a thought, I have this same trailer and what I plan on doing is the flip TV that is there I will leave facing the bedroom and don't plan on rotating it any longer. I will install another 32 inch on the back side facing out into the living area. Problem is then solved, the doors can open and close without any issues.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #209

Bypass Hose for Winterization

We decided that we were finished camping for the season, so started the task of cleaning up the trailer to get ready for winterization.

I recall the service rep stated that I had to add a bypass hose on the inlet end of the water pump in order to draw water up from the jug when winterizing the trl.

Below are two pics of my water pump. Am I placing the bypass where I have removed the line bringing water from the fresh water tank? Where can I buy the hardware for this job and what size is the fitting on the pump?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water.pump.1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	39272   Click image for larger version

Name:	water.pump.2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	39273  
Old 09-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #210

Just a quick update. I have not been on forum for awhile but thought you guys would like to hear.

Second best upgrade. I replaced the china bomb factory c load range tires with some kuhmo d range tires. What a night and day difference with an 8 ply tire. No sway at all. Plus I added about a 1000 lbs of cargo capacity.

If you want to do some scary math, add the weight of trailer and subtract it from the max load of your tires. C load range tires are generally 1760 lbs x 4 equals 7040 lbs. My trailer with no gear was at almost 6300 lbs and that does not include bikes, chairs, toys, food and a lot of adult beverages, supplies etc... You get the point. I believe I was over loaded and probably why I had a belt separation on one of the tires I was able to catch before it blew.

I also had my first real issue which was a water leak. The hot water line under bathroom sink was leaking. Problem was the plastic t fitting was cracked. The repair was $150 from a mobile repair guy at the campground. Not too bad. Had to cut hole in cabinet floor but was able to fix with a piece of wood and some left over vinyl planks which was a perfect match. Other than that it has been happy camping. Looking forward to stone mtn Georgia for thanksgiving and maybe I can squeeze a quick weekend in between then. Busy a bit busy with kids playing football and cheerleading.

Happy trails everyone.

Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote