Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #221

Kevin, I was very impressed when we picked up our 292 with only two minors issues. The first was a rear marker light out, which I believed the tech accidentally snagged a wire while installing the winterizing kit. The other was the Led step light was 1/2 out and after a coupe of taps it came back on, and replacement one was being sent to me to replace myself. This is our 4th trailer and the quality seems to be as good as it get for travel trailers.

I know somewhere in this thread some 292 owners discussed modifying the TV to allow it to extend in order to be able to leave the doors open in the bedroom, just wondering if anyone has been successful and has any details to share?

My first mod in the spring will being installing a matching 12" led strip over my waste valves.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #222

@1atalbot. I did the TV mod on my trailer. Not the way I originally planned on doing it however.
I ended up leaving the smaller 24 inch TV (stationary) facing into the living area. I added a 32 inch TV in the bedroom area. I had to take off the paneling in behind the original TV to add some reinforcement. This was required to anchor the slim mount telescopic TV mount. I ran all the wiring through the original hole in the center swivel pivot. I drilled a hole large enough in the back panel to pass out the cables to connect the TV. (TV coaxial , power cord and HDMI). Once I mounted the TV to the mount I needed a way to secure the TV while traveling. I just but a buckle strap on the same reinforcement point in behind the TV.
Now the TV can be used on any viewing angle and the doors can be either opened or closed to watch TV. A bit of a pain to figure it out as I went along but very happy with the mod. Now I just have to contend with dueling volume levels on two TVs. Lol

Old 12-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #223

The only mod we need to make is to the rear bunks. We have 1 year old twins and to need to find a way to keep them in bed not sure how I will do it yet.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingeiwitz View Post
The only mod we need to make is to the rear bunks. We have 1 year old twins and to need to find a way to keep them in bed not sure how I will do it yet.
https://www.google.com/#q=gorilla+tape

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww&...4#q=eternabond

Old 12-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #225

Thats what we use now lol. I was thinking of some kind of netting.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingeiwitz View Post
Thats what we use now lol. I was thinking of some kind of netting.

I figured.
There are some safety nets out there but how you would hook them to the wall firm enough to hold might be a bit of a problem.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #227

Not sure how thick the walls are to mount anything. Might just have to put beanbags under the lower bunks so if they do roll out they wont get hurt.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #228

Would something like this be an option?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #229

That would work if I can mount it. Now I wish I would have had the camper come sooner to get started. April is a long way off.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #230

Thanks for the info on the TV mod, just question regarding the mount? Is it an extendable mount to reach out past the doors?