Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #1

Coachmen Freedom Express Outdoor Kitchen Owners

A Weber Baby Q fan here, so we will never use the Coleman supplied Grill with our Liberty Express outdoor kitchen and wondering if anyone has removed their Coleman Grill to modified this pull out area?
1atalbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #2

I know exactly what you mean. I have a Weber Q also. The Wildwood I just traded has a bumper swivel mount grill. I took it off and gave it away. Just a tin can with a burner. The Coachman 5th wheel I pick up next weekend has a drawer mounted grill. I can see it coming out. I don't like the idea of fire and grease splattering 1ft away from my rig.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #3

Also use the Weber Q here. I have found the Coleman works quite well as a burner, I have browned hash browns etc on it in a foil pan.
Super 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #4

If I keep it there, will be for use as a burner, not a grill
Old 01-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #5

I also ventured into another smoker/grilling option while camping. This is a Traeger Jr pellet grill with a too big of a pork loin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grill1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	45140   Click image for larger version

Name:	grill2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	45141  
Super 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atalbot View Post
A Weber Baby Q fan here, so we will never use the Coleman supplied Grill with our Liberty Express outdoor kitchen and wondering if anyone has removed their Coleman Grill to modified this pull out area?
I will be interested to see what you do here. My first impression of the Coleman was positive as it easily moved to the picnic table or virtually anywhere else. The other positive I give it is that it uses very little fuel.

It is OK for some specific tasks, but I too wish for something better. I had planned to pull it and replace it with a Coleman 2 burner stove (they look like the same footprint) available form Wal-Mart etc and then add a "real" grill. I use small copy of a Weber charcoal grill most of the time, but it is rusting out pretty quickly.

I cannot decide between spending the money for a good bumper mount or getting something nicer that is portable and just leaving it sit in the kitchen when not in use. There have been several threads in the past year about small grills. I was particularly impressed with the char-broil infrared someone posted.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #7

cant go wrong with the Weber Q. I have the 2000. Largest one that is not permanently on a stand. Have folding stand also. Made up a hose to plug into the camper quick attach gas outlet. Depending on whats on the menu, I also take the Weber charcoal grill and my Masterbuilt electric smoker.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super 8 View Post
I also ventured into another smoker/grilling option while camping. This is a Traeger Jr pellet grill with a too big of a pork loin.
This is what I use. Best money I have ever spent. I have always refused to use gas grills. You just don't get the flavor that you get from charcoal. But the Treager gives you the best of both worlds the ease of gas with good flavor.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, door, freedom express