Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #1

Creative Use of Space

My 2018 Forest River Apex (2988 BHS) has a lot of room behind the sink and stove. Not sure why whey configured it that way. The range hood is hardly over the range. It would have been a lot more logical to have move the stove and sink back another foot or so.

So I am looking for creative ways to use that space behind the stove and sink. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks
genec123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:54 PM   #2

We have the same thing in our Apex 300BHS. We have the coffe pot and toaster sitting behind the sink and the wife has a few decorations behind the stove. We have only been on one trip so far.
Fireguy205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #3

Yeah the deep counters a feature, but as you pointed out, they actually are kind of odd. I have a 300BHS.

Like yours, the vent fan over the cooktop is ridiculously set back and doesn't even do anything when you are cooking. I took mine and remounted it about 6 inches further out so it at least covers the back burners and part of the front burner. I then had to make an extension out of HVAC duct work to bridge the gap between the back of the vent hood and the outside flap. Works great now!

As for the wasted deep counter space, we use that for our dish drain which we place behind the sink. The rest of it we have baskets we put there for snacks, etc. Also have a paper towel holder stand for going back there, too.

But it can be a little tight when cooking and dont want to catch anything on fire, so we slide it away from the back of the stove when we are cooking.

Also, are your electrical outlets on the bottom of your cabinets over the counter? I've seen a few threads where owners had no idea they were there. They certainly are hidden.
Major Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #4

Thanks

Good insights. It is a real head scratcher why they designed the stove/counter/range hood they way they did.
genec123 is offline   Reply With Quote