Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

Dometic A/C not working on low/medium

Hi,
We just picked up our new 192RBS yesterday and upon getting it home discovered that the A/C unit will not operate on LOW or MEDIUM speeds. It works fine on high and unfortunately during out inspection we only checked the high position to insure it was working. It affects both the "cool" and "fan only" modes.

We plan on an inaugural trip next week and will try to get it in to the dealer to be checked when we return but just thought I'd see if anyone here has run across these symptoms before.

Other than that we really like the layout ( other than no factory installed privacy curtail by the bed, will have to work on that)

Any hints or tips on this particular model would be appreciated also.

Thanks
Tim
Ohio192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Can you tell us which model A/C you have and which thermostat you have?
Old 07-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #3

Dometic A/C not working..

Hi,
I'm not sure of the exact model number, I don't have the specific info available. It's the 13,500 roof mounted unit with just 2 rotary controls on the inside of the unit.

An update to my original post. This morning while trying it again in the low position I pushed up on the control and wiggeled it some and it made contact and works in the low position now if I just wiggle it some in that position. The mid position still isn't working despite trying the same thing in that position.

So now it works all the time in the high position, not at all in the mid, and sometimes in the low position with a little persuasion . Progress I guess. I wonder if I took the inside shroud off if I could see anything, maybe a loose connector? I don't want to void any warranty.

Thanks
Tim
Ohio192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
Site Team

I'd take the air box off and chcek for loose connectors. If it isn't that, it's probably the switch itself.
I don't think you'll do anything to void your warranty.

Tags
dometic