Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #11

Actually I have been corresponding with FR about an electrical issue i'm having with my 2015 coachmen FE 320bhds liberty edition. Gentleman by the name of Steve notified me that there wasn't any electrical schematics for at least my unit. But he somehow knew where the splices were made exactly at under the slides. So I did find a wire that is shorted out in the middle slide, now waiting to see if they have any suggestions on how to perform this task of replacing it. Seems to go from wall fixture to light under cabinet, but it seems to me the wire is running up to ceiling of slide across to far wall of slide and then underneath to light approximately 10' of wire.
Pulled wire but no movement. Any suggestions from this group?

Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbossltd2011 View Post
Actually I have been corresponding with FR about an electrical issue i'm having with my 2015 coachmen FE 320bhds liberty edition. Gentleman by the name of Steve notified me that there wasn't any electrical schematics for at least my unit. But he somehow knew where the splices were made exactly at under the slides. So I did find a wire that is shorted out in the middle slide, now waiting to see if they have any suggestions on how to perform this task of replacing it. Seems to go from wall fixture to light under cabinet, but it seems to me the wire is running up to ceiling of slide across to far wall of slide and then underneath to light approximately 10' of wire.
Pulled wire but no movement. Any suggestions from this group?

If the wire is routed through a exterior laminated wall, slide or fixed, you cannot "renew it". When the wall is fabricated the wire is sealed in insulating foam, alum structure and sandwiched between inner and outer layers, heated and glued. Your best bet is to neatly surface wire between the fittings.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:10 PM   #13

Thanks Vince, I came to a similar conclusion but wanted to avoid wiring out in the open if I could.

Tags
electric, electrical