Old 11-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #1

Feedom Express 292 BHDS-Springs

I took my TT into the dealership this past weekend for winterization and a punch list of mostly minor warranty items. I did have the dealership look at the springs as I thought they looked flat. It turns out I was right and the dealership called this week and informed me that the springs were indeed bad and that they would be replacing them with a new set up.

I bring this up because the only reason I paid attention to the springs is because I saw that someone had an issue with them on this forum.

This forum definitely saved me a headache down the road.

T

Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #2

Thanks for that information, we are waiting for our Liberty Edition 301BLDS to be delivered to the dealer in Wilmington, NC and have already put $3,000 down before they would order it. This is the third issues I've read in just a few moments and have not found antthing positive yet. I hope there are some out there that have something good to share. Your issue, plus one had water that would come in between the slide when closed and the rest of the trailer when traveling in the rain, and another had all kinds of issues with toilet seal leaking water, blown tires, scalaped tires and a possible bent set of axles all being identified within 1st three camping trips. Starting to wonder...

Old 11-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

You will find issues with all brands. Most satisfied customers do not say much. My family and I are very happy with our unit. Just make sure you do a detailed walk through. Have fun in your new unit when you get it.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #4

I agree with steeleshark2, every brand has its issues and the happy customer usually doesn't take time to post. We love our trailer and although there are some minor issues, we didn't miss a day of camping this year do to mechanical issues.

On a side note, just traded in the Sierra half ton for a new Ram Outdoorsman with the Hemi and was amazed by the difference in towing. The Hemi got me up to cruising speed quickly unlike the Sierra and I was able accelerate without it downshifting all the time.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #5

Welcome to the ram outdoorsman club. I too am very pleased with my truck and towing capabilities. What color did you get?
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #6

Went with the black with grey on the bottom. I really like the tow mirrors and navigation option.