Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #1

First long trip in the 2013 292 Freedom Express

After reading about the many problems some of you are having with your TT's I must say I was a little nervous about our vacation that ended up being 1900 miles. We had taken our TT out several times to local Michigan campgrounds, but this was the big test.

The trip took us through Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee with 8 of the 9 days having rain and some severe weather mixed in and the only trailer issue I had was the pin on the toilet seat vibrated loose while in tow.....I know can you believe it! As I said, I was nervous, but the biggest problem was that I tow with a half ton and the hills in Kentucky and Tennessee are not easy to tow in with a half ton.

I do have to credit my dealer for catching a few issues even before my walk through and I found a few as well when going through it at home, but overall I am very happy with my TT. My TT must not have been produced on a friday.

I do have one question though.....has anybody's radio turned on by itself to report severe weather conditions? We were in Sandusky, OH and it happened three times in the middle of the night, needless to say it got our attention but the report seemed to be directed to boats.
Yellowjacket2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #2

Do you have the Genesis system? I was wondering if the Wx-Radio did that. Mine at home does, but I had to set it up with a location code.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

I have the Touch Audio radio. We did not set anything up and our initial thought was that we had it on a special station by accident.

It sounds like you have some experience with this, so will this happen often. The weather really wasn't that bad in my opinion.
Yellowjacket2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowjacket2525 View Post
I have the Touch Audio radio. We did not set anything up and our initial thought was that we had it on a special station by accident.

It sounds like you have some experience with this, so will this happen often. The weather really wasn't that bad in my opinion.
Good to hear someone is actually having good luck with their F.E. Our touch audio turns on for weather alerts as well. We had it go off in the middle of the night and the outside speakers were on! Oops! lol So yes, it does automatically come on for any weather alerts and for tests.

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote