Old 06-01-2015, 11:38 PM   #1

First outing with 360IBL with a few observations and questions

We had our first outing with the 360 (which we named The Dragon's Lair as we belong to a motorcycle club called the Myassis Dragon Motorcycle Club of Dallas). We had a few first timer experiences but had some good friends to help us along the way. We started out at the State Park at Lake Whitney but ended up leaving there on the 4th day because the Ranger said there was a good probability the road to the park would be under water in a few days. We then went to Thousand Trails at Lake Whitney and finished up our vacation in a great spot. It was kind of close quarters to the other campers and was a bit of a test to get the Lair parked in the spot because of all the trees but we really liked the rustic look of the whole area. We had only 30amp hook up but since it wasn't very hot and ac not needed a lot, it was plenty for us. Most of their park was closed due to a damaged crossing and tornado damage from a storm last week and we were lucky to get a spot at all. We enjoyed the family pool as the weather had cleared by then and enjoyed a walk all over the area.

We were able to test out everything except the furnace and everything worked. We had rain each night and two of the nights were torrential downpours with wind and even hail. No water/rain leaks and ended up with no hail damage.

Our control panel shows two grey tanks and two black tanks. An RV friend could not find the second grey tank drain so it was assumed there was only one grey tank. A few days later our son stopped by to see how we were doing on our initial shake down and he found the 2nd grey water drain which is not located in the bay door with the first drain but is instead far under the the kitchen sink area. Nobody could ever find anything on the 2nd black tank so we are assuming (yes, I know what assume means) that the control panel is a generic one and that we don't actually have two black tanks. If anybody knows any different, we'd sure like to know. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about it.

Our main question is about some light switches in the kitchen area. In the picture below, going from left to right, is the plug in, the switch for the fan (and that includes the light to the fan). Then the switch next to that is a 110 switch but NOBODY in our group could figure out what it went to. We all tested and tried to eliminate various things it could possibly be but nothing was turned off or on by it that we could find. Anybody out there have an idea?

I am loving this 5er. We had all 9 campers over for waffles and bacon one morning and then one night had 8 people around the island in the four dining chairs, on the two stools, one standing and one sitting on a bucket with two accent pillows from the couch, playing a dice game called LCR (left, center, right) and we had an absolute riot together. So far we are just loving this 5er.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #2

Hoping a 360 owner or someone who is familiar with this layout can tell us what that switch is for.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #3

The other Large rocker switch will control the outside outlet on the right front side of the 5th wheel. Looks like the outlet that is by the door. You can plug lights into them and control the on and off from that switch. See the picture. Click on the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Picture.docx (171.5 KB, 98 views)

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #4

buskirk21921: I am sitting her laughing because of all the things we thought it MIGHT control, that is one we never thought of. Thank you for responding...now the mystery is solved!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #5

The 360IBL has just 1 black tank and a generic monitor that shows 2.

2015 Coachman Chaparral 360IBL
2012 6.7L Ford F350
farmncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buskirk21921 View Post
The other Large rocker switch will control the outside outlet on the right front side of the 5th wheel. Looks like the outlet that is by the door. You can plug lights into them and control the on and off from that switch. See the picture. Click on the attachment.
LOL, I appreciate that as we've been camping twice now and had the same damn question. No matter what we did, we couldn't find what it controlled. Hell I even emailed my salesman and even he had no clue (2nd largest Coachmen dealer in the country).

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
Our control panel shows two grey tanks and two black tanks. An RV friend could not find the second grey tank drain so it was assumed there was only one grey tank. A few days later our son stopped by to see how we were doing on our initial shake down and he found the 2nd grey water drain which is not located in the bay door with the first drain but is instead far under the the kitchen sink area. Nobody could ever find anything on the 2nd black tank so we are assuming (yes, I know what assume means) that the control panel is a generic one and that we don't actually have two black tanks. If anybody knows any different, we'd sure like to know. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about it.
And as stated above me, it is a generic panel. I' assuming if we had a 2nd bathroom, the 2nd black tank would be for the rear bathroom.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #7

We have the same panel in our 336 TSIK. We have two grey tanks and one black. I used my label maker to correct the factory labels.
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 336 TSIK

Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #8

Same

Glad I read through this thread, our trailer a Sandpiper 30Z has the same panel (trailer actually has a 2nd gray tank but only 1 black) And I also had a mystery 110V switch. I can't wait to get home, as this discussion has jogged my memory that the switch might be for an outlet for awning lighting, it's been bugging me all spring.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #9
OMC

I was quite perplexed at couple of times last summer as to why the front outdoor plug would not work. I also noticed that there was an extra switch by the sink but never put 2 and 2 together. Thanks for that.