Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
First time RV'er looking at Apex 300BHS

Any thoughts on quality, floor plan, options, price etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ucfengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
daydreaming about camping
First off - seeing as this is your first post, welcome to the forum!

Can you give us an idea of what you are looking for trailer wise? What is your tow vehicle etc. That will help to make suggestions.

My first thoughts were that is a pretty light trailer for that much room. Looks like a common BH floorplan, which is to say, a good floorplan for most families.

I generally do not see to many ultra-lights in that length. I think most people opt toward the more traditional construction when they work into that size.

As to options - get everything you want, don't settle for a unit that does not have something you want. Generally, Coachmen works most options into packages.

Qaulity- expect it to be on par with most FR products, which is to say you need to do a through PDI on delivery to check everything. TT's are made form components, and frequently those go bad.

Price - well you would have to do your homework, but generally demand 40% off the MSRP and you are in the ball park.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Love my Apex

We just purchased the Apex 288BHS in March and we love it. I don't think that there are many units out there that are built any better for the money. Just spent the day at the 2013 RV Show in Hershey PA and as far as the construction of the Apex, I could not find any that exceeded the Coachman's. With the Adzel walls and roof, this unit is pretty solid. My local dealer tells me that they have had very little problems with this line of TT since they started selling. Even spoke with the Apex representative at the show and he confirmed that they have had very little call-backs, at least from our dealer.

My only problem is that I went to the show. I saw the unit you are looking at, the 300BHS and now I want it... The 288 was our first TT and now that we have a season (still more to come) under our belts, the outside kitchen on the 300BHS is something that I want....I believe the only package that you can get the 300BHS in is the Anniversary edition. It includes many nice options. I found a dealer near Pittsburgh, PA that has a price of $23,995 on his website.

I would recommend an Apex to anyone...

Hope this helps.
pawildcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
We bought the anniversary edition at the Hershey show, the 239rbs. dh and I just wanted a couples coach. we are absolutely in love with this TT. It has all the bells and whistles that anyone would need. I would recommend the Apex without hesitation. We had one small problem, we felt the shower floor was to soft around the drain where they had cut the plywood base around the drain to big. We called about it and it is at the dealership being fixed. Will let you know how that goes. We have had it camping. Handles like a dream on the road and quite comfy.
Retired101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #5

We are considering buying a 300BHS and looking for feedback as well. We love the floorplan and most of the construction.

Are the roofs full walk on roofs?

the bottom is only sealed around the holding tanks from beam to beam on the one we are looking at. Is that something to be worried about?

We are also looking at a flagstaff ultra lite and it has full aluminum frame even on the bed frame, pass through compartment, and dinette frame. The Apex 300bhs has wood in these areas. Again, is this a concern?

Thanks in advance. We are new to the travel trailer environment.
csr2236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Just getting back to you all about our shower repair or really a fix. the dealership did an awesome job. the tech even took my dh out to the shop and showed he the plywood that was under the shower flooring and laid the template for the new cut that went into our Apex. they took a lot of time to make sure we were "Happy Campers" so to speak.

Retired101 is offline   Reply With Quote

first time