Old 07-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
first trip - new trailer

We finally were able to get out in our new trailer. we decided to go for a nice weekend trip just a short drive from Hamilton, Ontario to Niagara Falls, Ontario. I was happy that we decided to go to a nice and close park for the first trip with this trailer. the towing experience on the way down was not all that great. the trailer seemed to be pushing the truck around with what felt like a bucking motion. Once at the campground the weekend went by with no issues. All parts of the trailer worked well. My two girls love to camp and they had a blast at this park. Very family orientated and clean park. They have a brand new splash pad beside the pool that came in real handy with the nice heat wave that we were enjoying

Once we got home I sent an email to Equilizer describing my issues while towing. With a few back and forth emails, they were able to pin point some areas that could be causing the issue and gave me some remedies. One issue was i did not have the washer/pin set up as it was omitted from my hitch when purchased. They are sending this out to me right away. i worked on the other remedies and when i get the part they are sending in I will install and take the trailer for a test run. I want to make sure that all is working well as we are heading to the FR rally in Watkins Glen in a week.

I was very impressed with the service from Equilizer, maybe a reason why you see so many people using their product

I will try to attach some pics from the weekend, hopefully they will be the right side up)Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404500628.853932.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	832.7 KB
ID:	57157Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404500628.853932.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	832.7 KB
ID:	57157

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404500814.080992.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1,023.6 KB
ID:	57158Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404500832.374695.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	777.1 KB
ID:	57159

burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Congrats on the new trailer. I hope you have many happy and enjoyable trips ahead. It some time takes time to fine tune your hitch set up. Good luck. Happy camping....

2013 Rockwood 8281SS 5W, Reese Revolution
2012 Toyta Tundra Crew Max 5.7 4x4, Timbrens
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Site Team
Taking the first trip close to home is really smart. I did the same thing when I finally made it out of the gate with my trailer. Finding a good place close to home is also helpful for a quick get-away when time is more limited.

Hopefully you will have the hitch set correctly for your combo before your next trip but in the case it still needs adjusting I'm sure members at the rally will be able to offer suggestions too.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote