Old 10-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
Freedom Express 192 Winterizing

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to these forums and this was our first year camping in a camper rather than a tent. I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I searched for an hour and can't find what I need.

Can someone tell me if the 2015 FE192 has a bypass valve? I cannot find it and I'm having trouble figuring out how to winterize. My manual says switch the bypass valve but the pic doesn't look like the water heater in the 192.

If it does, can you tell me where? If not, what's a good kit to buy and where do I hook it in to? Sorry for my ignorance; I'm new to this.

njc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
If it has one, it is most likely going to be right behind the water heater. Have you obtained access to the back of the water heater? Sometimes you have to remove a panel to get to it. They usually screw in the panel, if it is one you have to remove.

2011 Brookstone 354TS
2013 F350 SC 6.7 DRW
Swivelwheel 58DW
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
I'll be interested if you find one, my 2011 FE mentioned one in the rather generic manual but all I found was a drain plug on the back of water heater. Hopefully I got all the water out with my compressed air.
2015 RAM 2500 Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 290 BHS
hbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
My previous trl was a 2010 freedom express192. The bypass for that trl was under the wardrobe I had a couple of screws on a panel to take out to access water heater.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Freedom Express 192 By Pass

The by pass if you have one is accessible through a panel below and to the left of the fridge. There are normally four screws that hold the panel in place, remove them and the panel will come off. The front of the WH with the by-pass should be visible here. Just follow procedure to shut off water to the WH (cold and hot) and open the by-pass valve to let the pink stuff to by-pass the WH and protect your pipes.

2500 HD
15 nights camped (not near enough)
jglaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
Don't forget to drain your WH tank. A word of caution, open the relief valve on the tank first to let off pressure and then remove the anode plug (if you have a suburban WH) (1 1/6" socket) and drain the tank. Make sure the water is not hot also. If you happen to fail to relieve the pressure on the tank it will be a certainty you will remember the next time. Also is a good time to take a look at any erosion of the anode rod to see if it needs replacing.

Lots of "You Tube" videos on the subject of winterizing and it is quite generic to the procedure for almost all RV's.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23
Camped 2015 - 47
Camped 2016 - 51 done - 6 more planned so far
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
We have a 192RBS and the heater bypass is below the refrigerator, next to the breaker panel. You will need to remove the face panel to access it. I think mine has two screws holding the face panel on.

mwgkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

freedom express, winter, winterize