Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #1

Freedom Express 230BH Freshwater tank drain

I have found that to drain my freshwater tank on my FE 230BH I have to crawl under the unit, between the axles, with a 3/8 allen wrench to unscrew the plug, not to mention that to replace the plug, the ground is pretty wet. There is also a label on the side of the unit, just forward of the tires that says "Drain Outlet". That says to me that the outlet should be somewhere near the label. My question is, should there be a drain located near that label or is this just the way it is? If this is just the way it comes, then does anyone have an idea of how to make it more accessible and easier to deal with?
lynlavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #2

That seems to be the going thing. It's labeled so you know where to crawl under and start looking for it. As to making it easier, my popup had a spigot instead of a plug...almost like a water cooler. Just turn it 180 degrees and drain it. My current trailer just has a screw off cap on it. I might try to find some fittings and a similar drain spigot sometime in the future.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #3

I had to crawl under our popup to access the fresh water drain. I cut off the drain valve, got some PVC and ran it to the side and installed a ball valve. I used pipe strap to hang the PVC from the bottom of the camper and made sure I angled it so the water would run. Less than an hour spent and made the job of emptying the water tank alot easier.

Pipe strap

Name:   4NCC5_AS01.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  37.6 KB
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, freedom express, tank, water, water tank