Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #21
Retired Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
As you said, you need to subtract the tongue weight which is considerable.

Also, if you are really carrying 2165 lbs, you need to reduce that. Personally, I think its crazy trying to find more storage space in a light weight trailer. Our storage is half empty because we are very conscious of weight. Less weight you carry, easier on it's suspension, frame and tires.

No, we are never even close to 2,165 lbs of stuff. That is just the numbers from our sticker. I can't imagine what a ton of stuff would look like, but 49 gallons of fresh and 33 grey and 33 black would "in theory" be roughly half of that if you traveled with all tanks 100% full (nothing I would even consider doing).
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
No, we are never even close to 2,165 lbs of stuff. That is just the numbers from our sticker. I can't imagine what a ton of stuff would look like, but 49 gallons of fresh and 33 grey and 33 black would "in theory" be roughly half of that if you traveled with all tanks 100% full (nothing I would even consider doing).
usually, the liquids in your black and grey came originally from the fresh unless you are in the habit of refilling your fresh in the middle of an outing without dumping. I always travel with full fresh water when I am heading to a dry camp. I never travel with black and grey since I dump within a few miles of my campground....hopefully!
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom, freedom express