Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #61

I would not worry about mold or mildew if it was a one time deal, just make sure you dry it out very good before repairs are complete as you don't want to seal moisture in. Typically mold and mildew issues are from related wet dry wet dry exposure.

Good luck. Made it to Hilton head so far so good but I happen to notice the trailer does lean toward driver side when slide is open although was level when parked. Anybody else have this issue.

Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
I would not worry about mold or mildew if it was a one time deal, just make sure you dry it out very good before repairs are complete as you don't want to seal moisture in. Typically mold and mildew issues are from related wet dry wet dry exposure.

Good luck. Made it to Hilton head so far so good but I happen to notice the trailer does lean toward driver side when slide is open although was level when parked. Anybody else have this issue.
Well the slide on this unit is massive! I too noticed it leaned a bit to the slide side after leveling. May need to compensate for this next time. Just make sure it leans a bit to the door side then it should be level once slide is out.

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #63

Yup, I notice it. One Lynx leveler on the slide under the two tires is perfect on level ground.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #64

I noticed the lean as well, but both times we've been out this year I had extra lean on the door side that it levelled when the slide was out. In fact, on the 2nd weekend I had to put a 2x6 plus a 1x6 under the door side wheels to get it level .
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #65

My last TT was 35.5' with a super slide and a rear driver slide. It defiantly needed compensated for the 'lean'. What worked ok for me was putting down the stabalizers and making sure the driver side were tight. After the slides were out, I would go out and tighten down the passenger side ones since they were now loose.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #66

So after my TT sits there for over a week, they call me and tell me they can't work on it till end of July?? WTF?!! Yeah, pretty pissed about that one. Don't tell me to bring it in that you can look at it right away and then tell me that! Ugh! So I went and picked it up Saturday. Should I call Coachmen and complain? I did tell them some compensation should be in order (120 miles round trip for nothing!). So irritated! Set up an appointment at a different dealership 45 miles away. Told them what happened and they said that should have never happened. Seem like much better folks there. So, in the mean time, gonna use it this weekend for a planned trip. Just hope we don't get no major storms.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #67

Sled, Sorry about your bad luck, just curious the dealer that is looking at your coach right away, was it the same dealership you bought it from. A lot of time if you don't buy it from them they will service it but only after they take care of the customers that buy from them first.

I would also check once the slide is all the way out make sure the top rubber gasket flips out, use a ladder and look on the outside, I had a leak on my old trailer and found out the "wiper seal" was not flipping and when it rain it just went inside the trailer. I always carry a blue tarp with me too. On another trailer I had the rubber blew off (air got under front seam). I was 700 miles from home and did not want to ruin the family trip, so I just used a blue tarp, not the most attractive but it did the job until I got home and I stayed dry.

As far as my trip, over 700 miles all went well and no issues. I got a little sway but over all it was good. I just put the cruise control on 65-67 and it was very manageable. Have the reese dual cam but I thinking of installing the the friction sway bar too, I already have the set up, of course this will be for the longer trips.

I did notice the trailer does squeak and creek a lot when making turns in the campground, don't know if it is the dual cams or the springs near the axle. Anybody else having squeaking issues when towing?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #68

It's not the slide out leaking but rather the skylight above the dinette. I crawled up there after bringing it back home and they left one corner of the skylight totally unsealed! The sealer goes about an inch and a half under the glass in one spot!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #69

Sled,

I will have to check my skylight seal, I personally don't like the sky light but I wanted the L.E. That was one of my concerns, another is the skylight rubbing the seal going in and out of the wall.

Is it something you can repair yourself? Generally if the repair is something I can do myself in less than a couple of hours or less than $100 I will do it. (1) I know the job will be done right, (2) it not worth the gas, (3) the time it takes to get trailer out of storage to the dealership and back, and (4) I don't have to deal with the dealership issues of hurry up and wait.

I tend to find dealerships usually work with the squeaky wheels first (be persistent but not a PITA), there is a fine line you don't want to cross.

I always try to meet the service manager and befriend them. I had some work done on my truck once at the local ford dealership, bought the guy a 12 pack of bud light ($8) when my truck was done. From that point on my truck was always done on time, washed, free oil changes etc... Sometime a little bribery goes a long way.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #70

I could probably repair it myself but there are other issues as well. I figure it's a brand new unit and I should not have to be working on it already!