Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #71

I would take something with you to cover the skylight in case it starts to rain. Also, have a slight tilt (1 degree) on the trailer towards the problem area of the skylight. Water will run off the glass and keep going to drain off the slide.That should keep it from leaking so much in the rain until you can get it fixed.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #72

Well I caulked the skylight and had some rain over the weekend and never leaked! Yay! Found a couple more issues however. The large storage door towards the rear leaks water and the front bedroom speakers started doing the pop buzz thing with radio off. Must be a wiring issue. Camper is on it's way to another service center today. Sounds like they got their crap together! So hopefully we will have our rig all fixed up and ready to roll in a couple weeks!

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #73

Got back from another trip this past weekend, and was good.

Steelshark, I used the one level lynx on the driver side tires to make sure trailer was level and it was almost perfect however with the A/C on, the water was dripping on the camping side versus the hook up side. I think I will live with the slight angle toward the driver side to keep the a/c run off from dripping on the camping side. Other than that nothing report other than good weather (little windy).

Next trip in two weeks to Fort Wilderness, our favorite spot hence my name on this forum...and hopefully Kelly Springs at the end of July.

Sled, I am glad you got the sky light fixed, probably better than a stealership. Good luck at the new place keep us posted.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
Got back from another trip this past weekend, and was good.

Steelshark, I used the one level lynx on the driver side tires to make sure trailer was level and it was almost perfect however with the A/C on, the water was dripping on the camping side versus the hook up side. I think I will live with the slight angle toward the driver side to keep the a/c run off from dripping on the camping side. Other than that nothing report other than good weather (little windy).

Next trip in two weeks to Fort Wilderness, our favorite spot hence my name on this forum...and hopefully Kelly Springs at the end of July.

Sled, I am glad you got the sky light fixed, probably better than a stealership. Good luck at the new place keep us posted.
You win some you lose some lol. You can get a slide jack stand to minimize the lean.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #75

So the service center checked out the RV. I guess the radio is bad, outside speaker is bad, skylight needs to be replaced, seal around large sto-n-go cargo door needs to be replaced and they are checking to see if the handle will be covered under warranty for the ripped foam. They adjusted the screen door and I guess the water in the windows is normal? Says there are drain holes in bottom of window frame to drain the excess water. Anyone else notice water in their window tracks? So it looks like parts should be in 7-10 days.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #76

Send a message via AIM to bwhunter65
I read in my owners manual that water could accumulate and would drain from holes on the bottom.
bwhunter65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #77

Well makes sense since I did notice the little drain holes.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5Zs View Post
We also had our first trip with our Freedom Express 310BHDS and had the skylight over the dinette leak. Water coming through the roof of a 12-hour old trailer is frustrating. It doesn't seem like the water went anywhere else in the roof, but we'll see when they pull the skylight out. No other major issues yet. On the up side, our dealer has been fantastic to work with so far.

Dave
Our trailer has been repaired, but not field tested yet. The dealer removed the skylight, took pictures of everything, and re-installed it. He's confident the water did not go anywhere else in the ceiling or walls, but had Coachmen add a year to our warranty as assurance. They tested it with a garden hose, and say it's all good. We took it out last weekend, but no rain (that's good I guess, but I'm anxious for a field test).

We also had water in the tracks of our slide-by windows, and asked the dealer about it since my old rig had different style windows. He said that is normal, but the new widows may have sawdust or other debris in the drains causing the water to pool more than usual. So I blew them all out with a can of compressed air (for electronics) and had no problems on the second trip.

Dave
Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #79

Thanks for the water going elsewhere reminder! I totally forgot about the water leaking out of wall sconce light! I have called them and am having them check that out as well. They are installing a whole new skylight I guess.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #80

I forgot to post this a while back but wanted to give everybody the heads up.

After I got back from dealership and before my first trip I went to check tire pressure. (A good habit for anyone with trailers or RV's)

I was a little concerned as where do I get nitrogen to fill the tire without going to a tire dealer as these are nitrogen filled tires. Based on my previous experiences I generally had to add air pressure.

I was quite surprised as when I checked the tire pressure for the first time all 4 tires were "OVER" inflated. They were inflated to 65 psi which is the standard for load range "D" tires.

The tires that come stock on this trailer are load range "C" which are suppose to be inflated to 50 psi. I still think these trailers should have come with "D" load range.

On a positive note all 4 tires were all at the exact same pressure.

CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY.

Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote